Neural DSP 50% Off all plugins except Soldano SLO100

filo

I have to say...

I've been chasing tones down dark alleys and nearly pulled the trigger on Helix Native this morning until I saw this.  I know Neural and Helix are different beasts but it took no thought whatsoever to plonk the same amount of money down on two NDSP plugins and not look back.  They are resource hogs, no question, but to me they are SHEER INSPIRATION.  That alone is worth me upgrading my machine at some point to handle 7-8 instances without bouncing.  The joy of instant sonic quality frees me up to actually record instead of constantly tweaking.  Eliminating so much digging and experimenting to rid a sound of artifacts and buzz without killing definition and "feel" is priceless.

Sorry to gush.  It's Friday and my night is free and I scored Gojira and Nolly at half off and the fridge is full of drinks.  Don't send any help.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I really liked Gojira but with no intro sale I passed on it expecting to wait until Black Friday....my self control failed me with this sale :)  Please don’t reach out this weekend I’m busy doing my “taxes” hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

I really liked Gojira but with no intro sale I passed on it expecting to wait until Black Friday....my self control failed me with this sale :)  Please don’t reach out this weekend I’m busy doing my “taxes” hehe

I’m really surprised it was included.  Seems still in the “new-ish” category with a big artist brand to carry.  Maybe they’ll break even with this sale!

• Like 1

Downloaded a few trials to see what the fuss was all about......the tones are really super...

I like rock , jazz and blues  tones  ..Neural DSP appear to be metal / high gain focused....but Plini does sound  great to me.

However, they need to solve the processing noise issues...... too much hiss amd crakling noise ...and its not just the high gain stuff....

The noise improves  when you reduce the plug input gain,  lower the amp input gain , dial back  the compressor ...up the noise gate...but that kills the tone...

I compared with S-Gear ( my go-to amp sim) and don't have the same issue... 

...just not very usable....... hopefully the next revision solves the issue...

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pollux said:

missed the sale 😩 Gojira will have to wait until the next one

One good thing is Neural has sales regularly, so hopefully it won't be too long for you. 

I picked up Gojira and like it a lot. It covers a lot of ground from crystal clean to super high gain and everything else in between. Put this inside Gig Performer3 and added some of my favorite fx's.....tone heaven! :)