Wildflowers

David Sprouse

David . . . now I'm feeling left out for missing that other version ? . . . but, fortunately I like this version just fine, it feels comfortable, down home, and I really like the guitar part through this. Now, this is something different from your normal thing, didn't know you played guitar as well ? The thing I like about the guitar is that even though the chording pattern is repetitive, it changes up in feel and tempo constantly, very nice, like it's played live. I'm interested how you recorded this one.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:04 AM, jack c. said:

all around real fine sound textures.jack c.

18 hours ago, noynekker said:

David . . . now I'm feeling left out for missing that other version ? . . . but, fortunately I like this version just fine, it feels comfortable, down home, and I really like the guitar part through this. Now, this is something different from your normal thing, didn't know you played guitar as well ? The thing I like about the guitar is that even though the chording pattern is repetitive, it changes up in feel and tempo constantly, very nice, like it's played live. I'm interested how you recorded this one.

Jack and noynekker thank you so much for taking the time to watch that ditty.  Love is love...no two ways about it.  Noy I just got the drums going and laid down trax.  It's a little amateur, but I like the melody alot.

18 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

David, a very pleasant stroll in the countryside. Thanks for posting.
-Bjorn

Glad you liked bjorn.

A BLOODY MASTER AT WORK  ... I won't hijack this song, but for me the heartbeat drum and ambience has a draw to me, like the smell of a freshly baked apple pie .. I'm irresistibly drawn to writing words for it .. or indeed eating a freshly baked home made apple pie ...

Well done it's hard to write something simple and so lovely 🖖

ALB

Steve

This is a lovely song David and the video complements it very well.  I also loved the percussion and thought the bass lines added a lot to the flow of the song.  Nice guitar work also.  IMHO some times the simplicity of a song that is done well can carry the day.  I think that you have matched that goal in this song.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:18 AM, SupaReels said:

A BLOODY MASTER AT WORK  ... I won't hijack this song, but for me the heartbeat drum and ambience has a draw to me, like the smell of a freshly baked apple pie .. I'm irresistibly drawn to writing words for it .. or indeed eating a freshly baked home made apple pie ...

Well done it's hard to write something simple and so lovely 🖖

ALB

Steve

OM goodness steve, thanks for the praise.  We can collaborate if you want.  Not sure where you live.

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi David

This is really cool - love the simplicity and sound overall

Definitely a great listen

Thanks for this

Nigel

Nigel, thank you for watching and listening.

7 hours ago, mark skinner said:

David , I Loved the percussion section. That was also a Superb use of a banjo. I believe a nylon strung banjo is Way under utilized.   Very enjoyable ..  mark

Mark,  thanks so much for listening and watching.  I want to do more stuff with banjo.

6 hours ago, freddy j said:

This is a lovely song David and the video complements it very well.  I also loved the percussion and thought the bass lines added a lot to the flow of the song.  Nice guitar work also.  IMHO some times the simplicity of a song that is done well can carry the day.  I think that you have matched that goal in this song.

Freddy, thank you for watching and listening.  The little story in the video reminded me of when I lived in the south and some friends down there.

I know you`ll all think I´m wierd but I`d love to  hear african singing -chanting in the background,  after along day in the bush comming home under the setting sun tall grass in motion ..yes cant get those visions out of my head , very nice listened to it many a time cheers David great track

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

I know you`ll all think I´m wierd but I`d love to  hear african singing -chanting in the background,  after along day in the bush comming home under the setting sun tall grass in motion ..yes cant get those visions out of my head , very nice listened to it many a time cheers David great track

Thank you paul.

18 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I remember this tune from before, enjoyed it again.

Thank you HS

1 hour ago, Ruralrocker2010 said:

I agree with @Paul Bush a nice ethnic motif would be kind of cool! 

I'm not a fan of the banjo shift. That was too sudden for my taste and jarring. But, I really like the guitar tone and the simplicity of the piece. Personally the timing was too imperfect for me, I found that distracting but that's just my preference.

Ruralrocker, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to watch this.  Ya,  the timing is kind of nasty in places.  They were supposed to be hemi-ola's but i didn't make up the time.  

Edited by David Sprouse

what is a hemiola? nm, a quick google search revealed the answer.

Well actually, then I take it back, if it was intentional but didn't work then it's more likely that I didn't understand what was going on. I'd disregard that timing comment altogether! 

Edited by Ruralrocker2010