Kuassa 50% off at JRR

filo

I just have bought Amplifikation Caliburn. Actually I didn't need any more amp simulations, but I couldn't resist! 😄 Nowadays I use a real amplifier with a D.I. for recording to avoid the irritating delay.

But the Kuassa amp simulations are really first class! Most other (more well-known) amp sims are not nearly as remindful of the real thing like theirs! Caliburn's JCM800 emulation (2nd amp type) is absolutely superb. Many years I owned a JCM800 guitar amp combo and I loved it. It's a pity I had to exchange it with a bass amplifier (I had to replace our bassist at that time).  By the way for the bass I bought a JCM800 Bass Series with a JCM 1984 Bass Cabinet, but regrettably I had sold them, too.

• Like 2

Effektor pedals are only $12.60 with code GROUP.   That's a DEAL!  I keep coming back to these after demoing a couple of months ago.  I really like how the A-360 app works and IMHO these sound really good!  I have a feeling I'm on my way to eventually collecting the lot of these....  😁

On 4/2/2021 at 9:44 PM, Craig Fowler said:

I really want the Clarent; I'm just not doing enough music at the moment to justify yet *another* amp sim! It sounds pretty terrific though.

For $25, justification is in the air of the GAS holder. :P

I demo'd it and IMO well worth this sale price. 

Clarent is an excellent Amp Sim, as are most of the other later ones (earlier one aren't nothing to sneeze at either)

The Effektor are also excellent, I got everything a fair while back, it's all very useful, and with the free A360 it's nice to be able to have everything in 1 convenient package. Still not my No.1 goto, but it's there if I can't find what I want, or if I start noodling around and like something I come up with it usually stays.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Clarent is an excellent Amp Sim, as are most of the other later ones (earlier one aren't nothing to sneeze at either)

The Effektor are also excellent, I got everything a fair while back, it's all very useful, and with the free A360 it's nice to be able to have everything in 1 convenient package. Still not my No.1 goto, but it's there if I can't find what I want, or if I start noodling around and like something I come up with it usually stays.

Just curious, what is your No. 1 go-to?

Softube, Amplitube 5

I own pretty much everything, all the new stuff, Nembrini, Nueral DSP etc, all the old stuff, S Gear, Revalver, Guitar Rig, etc, and pretty much everything in between. The only thing worth mentioning that I don't own is Helix, tried it out extensively but just can't do it, it doesn't do it for me at all. Glad I tried it out because of it's cost, I usually just buy then try, hence why I have all the Neural DSP, Nembrini, Mercuriall and PA stuff (except the 2 Diesels) etc which never get used 🥴.

But its each to his own really, in my opinion there isn't an Amp Sim made that sounds any good Stand Alone, if I had to use them Stand Alone I wouldn't use any of them at all. Throw them into a Daw or VST host, add my before and after stuff, and I'm in heaven, much better than going to the storage shed and dragging out Amps and Cabs, to old for that shit, once every now and then when we get together for old times is enough for me, convenience is a more important factor for me these days .

Edited by Fret Flintstone
  • Thanks 1