Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Symmetry

Hidden Symmetry Suite

Recommended Posts

Spinning up my old hardrives to keep them working I found this old orchestral project made in 2002 using Sonar 6 or so.. This has my old EX4t for the Violin, Cello & flute..poorly mixed, no plans on editing, made these YouTube audio versions for my archives.

This was done at a time when I was waking up at around 4 a.m. after going to be around midnight..Half asleep I started composing this by using the brush tool in ACID 3.0 & painting in loops at random a la Jackson Pollock then recording the other tracks quickly keeping the first takes & ideas. I used 1 or 2 reoccurring themes throughout. After 2 weeks I ended up with this experimental symphonic type suite.

Audio only, split into 2 parts..not for everyone's tastes, may be better suited for background listening... stay safe..

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like how forward the solo strings are in the mix.  Interesting songs.    What's the reverb?  Some of the sounds you create are  so unique and wonderful (esp in part 2)  You're the hieronymous bosch of programmatic music. :D:D

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you put a lot of work into this, pretty epic. Some very nice sounds and nicely recorded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for something that old,sounds are believable.wonderful song and recording job.jack c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this going while I'm net surfing and I have to say it is quite incredible, I can't even imagine making something on this scale. Brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KurtS said:

Wow, you put a lot of work into this, pretty epic. Some very nice sounds and nicely recorded. 

Thank you Kurt, glad you enjoyed it.

19 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I like how forward the solo strings are in the mix.  Interesting songs.    What's the reverb?  Some of the sounds you create are  so unique and wonderful (esp in part 2)  You're the hieronymous bosch of programmatic music. :D:D

Hieronymous Bosch- that's a great compliment!..thanks..I don't remember which reverb I used on this...

7 hours ago, jack c. said:

for something that old,sounds are believable.wonderful song and recording job.jack c.

Thanks jack, appreciate it.

 

7 hours ago, KurtS said:

I have this going while I'm net surfing and I have to say it is quite incredible, I can't even imagine making something on this scale. Brilliant.

Again, thanks Kurt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...