Jump to content
Reid Rosefelt

My New Video: 1812 Overture with Stock Footage Mayhem

Recommended Posts

Do you like watching a watermelon blown up in ultra-slow-motion? Who doesn't?  What about hitting a banana with a baseball bat? Or dropping an egg into a mousetrap?  Then my newest video is for you.

I admit that it is a product of me learning how to use Adobe Premiere.   I also think my version of the Tchaikovsky music using the Cinematic Studio series sounds pretty decent. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a strange way I found it deeply meaningful.  Tiger has done good.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jude77 said:

In a strange way I found it deeply meaningful.  Tiger has done good.

Yes, it is an accurate portrait of my mental state. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Do you like watching a watermelon blown up in ultra-slow-motion? Who doesn't?  What about hitting a banana with a baseball bat? Or dropping an egg into a mousetrap?  Then my newest video is for you.

I admit that it is a product of me learning how to use Adobe Premiere.   I also think my version of the Tchaikovsky music using the Cinematic Studio series sounds pretty decent. 

WAY too much fun for a Friday morning Premiere!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Maar said:

WAY too much fun for a Friday morning Premiere!

Hey at least we got in before the Prime-Time Rates take effect ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice video!

I would suggest using alternative platforms like lbry.tv/odysee.com in addition to YouTube. They are less "picky" with regards to Community Rules (censorship) and they have a rewards system that doesn't have a minimum subscriber threshold, gives rewards for more activities, and allows direct tipping.

You can go directly to https://odysee.com/

or, if you don't mind an affiliate link (goes to my channel): https://odysee.com/$/invite/@gremlinsmusic:b

We're not immune to "community rules". Exploding fruit is funny today but tomorrow it could be considered "unacceptable violence". For some people censorship happens because of politics, for me it was a music video that included bullfight scenes that were considered too graphic with a bull being killed (in Spain, where I'm from, these scenes are perfectly fine). YouTube deleted it, Lbry allowed me to upload it (it's just tagged as "mature").

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Nice video!

I would suggest using alternative platforms like lbry.tv/odysee.com in addition to YouTube. They are less "picky" with regards to Community Rules (censorship) and they have a rewards system that doesn't have a minimum subscriber threshold, gives rewards for more activities, and allows direct tipping.

You can go directly to https://odysee.com/

or, if you don't mind an affiliate link (goes to my channel): https://odysee.com/$/invite/@gremlinsmusic:b

We're not immune to "community rules". Exploding fruit is funny today but tomorrow it could be considered "unacceptable violence". For some people censorship happens because of politics, for me it was a music video that included bullfight scenes that were considered too graphic with a bull being killed (in Spain, where I'm from, these scenes are perfectly fine). YouTube deleted it, Lbry allowed me to upload it (it's just tagged as "mature").

It would be hilarious if YouTube censored me for violence done to fruit and vegetables.  I sure hope they do.   As a lifelong publicist, I could really run with that story. 

Thanks for the advice.  I'm really focused on my YouTube channel.  If anybody ever links to this (like I'm doing on social media and on this page) I always want it to go back to my channel. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an example of how things can change pretty drastically in a very short amount of time, statues of George Washington that have been a symbol of American patriotism for centuries all of a sudden for some they've become symbols of genocidal colonialism that needs to be pulled down (https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/us/portland-george-washington-statue-toppled-trnd/index.html). Hilarious?

Another good alternate platform is rumble.com, which so far seems ok with my music video, and also offers a better monetization deal than YouTube

https://rumble.com/vf2y1x-te-veo-ve...-venir-warning-bullfight-images-original-music-video.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cathartic! 

In lancaster pa at longs park for independence day the symphony would play and cannons were shot off at the right times. I moved to az and it seems the cannon master retired in 2015. It was a blast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...