KurtS

Cold Rain

I'm using my newly modded Glarry fretless jazz bass and 60 dollar strat on this one. 

• Like 2

Here they are.  Bass converted to fretless and swirl dipped. Strat refinished neck, pickups,bridge,tuners. Really like them both.

20210324_124741.jpg

Very well done KurtS . . . mix sounds good to me. As a singer I hear all sorts of blues lyrics in my head when listening to this, but that's just me, my stuff . . . your guitar work is top shelf here . . . it's funny you have them on display in your living room here . . . 60 dollar Strat sounds like the '57 model when played well like this !

Thanks a lot! I sold my Eric Johnson strat , which was 1600 new, like this one better.

Posted (edited)

Loved the song.. great improv.  Only nit  is recorded at low volume...I had to turn it up compared to other stuff on here.

Edited by David Sprouse

Thanks. I'll have to compare it to my other stuff.  This was a quick first mix.

Hi Kurt

Love the sound of both the bass and the strat - sound excellent

Nice track really well played

Cool

Nigel

Very cool sustained mood to this instrumental track. I love the legato, nuanced playing of the strat, not to mention the tone. And the sound of the organ is just right. I'm not sure the synth-strings add much.

Cheers,

Bert

Enjoyed the track kurt, nice playing & tones..cool looking swirl pattern on that bass too..I remember you mentioning you were turning one into a fretless, is this it?

I love the bluesy Geaorge Benson style playing.  Would be cool with lyrics but works OK as an instrumental.

🙂 John B

PS: Impressive you did your own guitar detailing.

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the track kurt, nice playing & tones..cool looking swirl pattern on that bass too..I remember you mentioning you were turning one into a fretless, is this it?

Thanks, yes this is the one. It was 75 bucks new so nothing to lose.  It's  a cool bass now, really like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

I love the bluesy Geaorge Benson style playing.  Would be cool with lyrics but works OK as an instrumental.

🙂 John B

PS: Impressive you did your own guitar detailing.

Thanks John!

Evidence that instruments do not need to be expensive to sound good.