Light Grenade

Antelope Audio

I'm looking at an Antelope Discrete 4, it has the exact specs I need. Does anyone run antelope gear? I'm curious how it works with Windows 10. 

My Focusrite Clarett 4PRE has been absolutely solid, but I'd just like another two lineouts without upgrading to a rack unit or adding an ADAT unit. 

Antelope conversion is apparently tremendous, but driver reviews sound shaky at best. There's not many Windows reports either. 

Cheers

Hi.
To be real honest I used their Orion Studio for a while.
Great sounding unit with an excellent clock.

The problem was customer service and updates to drivers.
In the end I got so fed up with it (on windows 10) and bought an Apollo x8p.

Gary

• Like 1

I have an Orion 32+ which I love. I use the Thunderbolt driver which is ASIO only so I use a different device for Youtube and Spotify. While the driver seems to be bulletproof, the Control Panel can only be opened with the Antelope Launcher which has crapped out on me twice. Cakewalk and Reaper could see and use the device with no problem but the Antelope Launcher could not. Both times Customer Service was unable to help. They were very friendly and prompt but the solution both times was to reload Windows 10.

My only other complaint is that there is no remote control capability for the Effects which means no automation. They sound fantastic but I can only control them with a mouse in real time and for me that makes them unusable.

I have had the Orion 32+ for over 4 years now and the problems with the Antelope Launcher has only cost me a couple of days reloading Windows. And both times  I've done that I have been glad I did. The machine works so much better afterword. 

So, I am glad I bought mine. If I ever have to buy another interface it will be the 32+ Gen 3.