nice ballad..... with FUZZ! "Spring Morning"

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/spring-morning

Spring Morning: this is a song I wrote 20 years ago, but never actually recorded properly. It is supposed to capture the feeling of the first true spring morning after a long cold winter, where you stand outside in the early morning light, looking towards the sunrise, and realize it’s not quite as cold anymore. It’s a nice feeling.

from the new bats brew album "Elemental"

• Like 3

13 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

You've captured it perfectly. 

thanks so much david!

i did several acoustic only versions of this, and they sound just like you would imagine,

but i wanted a 'rock' version of it, without being too overblown, the middle section is probably pushing it!!

LOL

Great use of the wah ! All the winter rye grass around here is thick and bright green. The song fits the Wizard of Oz looking scenes in the farm fields and pastures around me. I sure would know how you get those great ringing tones on the acoustic tracks.  Enjoyed the song ..  mark 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wookiee said:

@batsbrew You is a naughty Bat for bumping, breach of forum rules and all that,  but as you are such and exceptional musician and producer I will forgive you, this time.

As nice as ever Bats lots to enjoy about this. :) 

hey john!

ha, not naughty, just thoughtful...

i don't think anyone cares if i bump a missed cause...

glad you dig this one!

On 3/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, Paul Bush said:

What can i say ? hell of a lot of of work in there  super production cheers ..

hey paul! i think you said it just fine! heheh

7 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Great use of the wah ! All the winter rye grass around here is thick and bright green. The song fits the Wizard of Oz looking scenes in the farm fields and pastures around me. I sure would know how you get those great ringing tones on the acoustic tracks.  Enjoyed the song ..  mark 

thanks mark. wah is my thing, always has been, since i got my very first FX pedal (a crybaby) and tried to learn all those hendrix licks.

poppies..... poppies....

heheh

the acoustic stuff, no secret there, i just capture it the way it sounds immediately coming off the fingerboard..

i use a Shure KSM44 for the capture, and run it  directly into a rme babyface pro interface, and use waves plugins, usually the CLA-2A and some EQ, maybe a touch of room verb or a touch of plate.

• Like 1