"Exploding" tracks?

Byron Dickens

That's the idea, but not quite what I was looking for.

What I am really after is this:

SayI have a chord progression written out in 4 part harmony, all on one track. I would like to be able to split it and put S A T B each on their own track.

This CAL splits each different pitch onto its own track. I'm trying to split each voice, if that makes more sense.

You will either need to modify the split notes to tracks CAL to group pitches rather then placing them in individual tracks

or

duplicate the MIDI clips and delete/filter the unwanted data from each track.

There are several of ways to delete ranges of notes such as selecting the notes on the keyboard then hitting the DELETE key in the PRV.

Alternately filter each voice using the MIDI Event Filter MFX. Once a key range is defined, save it as a preset for future use.

The filter may be left in the MFX rack or applied to destructively remove the unwanted data in the track.

If you prefer to keep all the notes on one track and distribute them to other tracks route the MIDI track through a plug-in that will echo the data such as one of the Code FN42 plug-ins MIDIChFilter, NoteMapper or VeloScaler. Then use the FN42 plug-in as the input to the "voice" tracks. Add the MIDI Event Filters for each voice on the appropriate track.

or

use a drum map. A drum map may route each pitch  or groups of pitches to a different synth.