Bapu

Mixing with headphones?

I have a pair of Avantone mono's.
I really fight with try to mix totally on those and then move over to my Focal Trio's.
I just never seem to stick with it.

I am sure if a mix sounds good on the Avantones it will sound brilliant on the Trio's.

trying using only a single Avantone with the master in mono. i also go back and forth between the single cube and  the stereo monitors + sub. then a pass on the Bose 901 for the brutal truth test 🙂 and then repeat 🙂 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

find mixing on my mono cube more gratifying

Is it the response of the "mono cube" itself, or just the act of mixing in mono?

t

(sorry to hijack your thread Baps, or Am I?)

I'm mixing reverbs a little too heavy on headphones. I think it may because I'm older and mixing louder - plus the proximity is somehow drowning out the verb wash. I'm checking against other environments and find myself saying little things like  :  " What the hell was I thinking? " and  " You complete Dufus "  you know-  little constructive criticisms like that. 

I'm finding the same thing. Mixing on headphones and then, when "done", listening on my studio monitors and mono on the Avantones.  Reverb is really exposed on the Avantones.

• Like 1