Skyline_UK

Something stirring at XLN Audio (at last...)

1 hour ago, jerrydf said:

If so I hope there's an easy and reasonable backwards compatibility with AD2 content.

I believe they just have to. Otherwise for their AD2 customers it would be a choice to start with new AD3 thing or new competitors thing.

Compatibility and good upgrade path is what could give them best chances to keep their current users still with them. Even if AD3 would be not so great as SD3.

I hope it's not a synth or more of those pianos. I wish he would re-sample his drum libraries to better quality. That might get me back to using XLN & AD again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I hope it's not a synth or more of those pianos. I wish he would re-sample his drum libraries to better quality. That might get me back to using XLN & AD again.

Same here. Really hope it's not yet another particle synthy  thing. However, more keyboard instruments or, better yet, AD3 would be very welcome.

• Like 1

I don't buy from this company because they use stub installers, you have to both download and activate the product on the computer you are going to use it on. Since mine is not on the internet.....

If it’s AD3 I agree that backward compatibility or otherwise a smooth upgrade path for the AD2 libraries is a must. But I really like the products from XLN Audio and I’ve got most of them, be it Addictive Drums, Keys or FX.

• Like 1

All  packs were updated for free when going from AD to AD2. Will prob be downloads of updated packs. Like last time.

Edited by BassDaddy

The  XLN home page has a banner with that promo graphic that says "EXTRAORDINARY INSTRUMENTS IN YOUR MUSIC".

So whoever called the particle synthy thing might be onto something ...

https://www.xlnaudio.com/

Drum designer maybe , reminds me the forms i had on my Arx drums ...

I have always thought that AD2 is an excellent competitor with EZDrummer. I am hoping that they are introducing something to compete with SD3 which I think they need.

• Like 2