Adding breaks and fills to Addictive Drums

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good way to do this? I tend to write songs by putting down a basic brad and butter beat for all of the song, and then I add fills and breaks later. Is it best to simply overlay the AD beat on the same track, or place the fill on a different track, and try to line it up, and delete whatever it replaces? Clumsy I think, and I'm sure theres a better way?

I like my drums in one midi track and will only normally separate them later if using more than one VST to play them.

I have 2 ways I can add fills. Most times I just draw them in PVR and make sure to delete conflicting parts. Much easier to do this in one track.

If it's a fill that I can't figure out how to draw I might insert a new midi track and record it with my keyboard or digital drum kit. 

I can then either merge the 2 tracks but usually I just open the fill track and then holding ctrl ( or shift)  open the original drums track from the right hand browser.  This way I can see the fills overlaying the original ( or visa versa)  and then delete stuff. 

• Like 1

I have AD2 for several years. First of all I choose the fill I like.  Then I copy the fill on a bar immediately above the AD2 bar.

After that I choose the lenght of the fill and eventually cutting the part of HH metronome . Cutting the same lenght on AD2 track and cut and paste on that the above fill.

It's longer to explain this than doing it.

Edited by lapasoa