Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
newdreamstudio

mp3 export has a different tempo than the project?

Recommended Posts

Hi folks...   I noticed yesterday that an mp3 export of a current project had a different tempo

than the project itself.   I used "what I hear" and quick bounce.   Tried it with "entire mix" and quick bounce, too... same thing.

Project tempo is 66bpm, the exports are more like 78 or 80bpm....

Thoughts?

Rusty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is the mp3 is 44.1k and you’re playing it back at 48k. Check your interface settings. Rarely do I use real-time bounce when exporting, unless I use “audible” bounce cause I just want to hear the track. 
t

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, DeeringAmps said:

My guess is the mp3 is 44.1k and you’re playing it back at 48k. Check your interface settings. Rarely do I use real-time bounce when exporting, unless I use “audible” bounce cause I just want to hear the track. 
t

One always learns more here...

I thought the sample rate/tempo(speed) issue only goes with wav-audio files, and doesn't concern mp3-data files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

thought the sample rate/tempo(speed) issue only goes with wav-audio files,

That's why I said

On 2/24/2021 at 6:06 AM, DeeringAmps said:

My guess is

I don't know the answer, but I'd start there if I was having the same issue...

t

I never have sample rate issues with my RME interfaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...