Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
timboalogo

Melodyne assistant problem

Recommended Posts

I'm running the latest assistant (4.2.1.003) with the latest CwB. I've had this problem for some time, so it's not just the versions.

1) I record a series of vocal tracks

2) Edit them with Melodyne

3) Record a guitar track and during recording, the vocal track comes in exactly 1 bar late

Has anyone else experienced this?

Timbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you got any look-ahead plugins on the vocal track?

Try bypassing FX and see it that solves it. If it does, then look at what plugins you're using.

Also, when using Melodyne consider "Bounce to clip(s)" after editing. I've never been comfortable leaving a region fx open for any length of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Also, when using Melodyne consider "Bounce to clip(s)" after editing.

+1 to that. Seems to take care of a few lingering issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys,

I'm lucky that I'm in front of my DAW right now and see that bypassing the effects bin and sends didn't make a difference. I guess I'm going to have to take your advice on bouncing, but I often go back to re-edit the vocals. Or mute them during the next record.

I find that Melodyne does strange things. 

Thanks for the advice,

Timbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, timboalogo said:

 I guess I'm going to have to take your advice on bouncing, but I often go back to re-edit the vocals

Keep a copy of the original tracks.

I have not tried but you may be able to duplicate the track before rendering the melodyne clips and archive the duplicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scook said:

Keep a copy of the original tracks.

I have not tried but you may be able to duplicate the track before rendering the melodyne clips and archive the duplicate.

Good thinking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...