Necessary details

daniel io

6 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

@Will_Kaydo

Actually I've been using CW about 25 years and there's loads of stuff I've never used.  Staff View - Video - Screensets - Markers -  Mix Recall - Ripple Editing - Audiosnap - ReWire - Matrix View - Workspaces - Scale Snap....there's probably others !

You're kidding me, right? 😆 

Only things I don't use is: 

Matrix, The now New Arranger (I just can't see the point in them.) I'm using markers less now too. Used Rewire with Sonar LE for Melodyne 2. Other than that, I use everything else. 

4 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

You're kidding me, right? 😆 

Only things I don't use is: 

Matrix, The now New Arranger (I just can't see the point in them.) I'm using markers less now too. Used Rewire with Sonar LE for Melodyne 2. Other than that, I use everything else. 

Not kidding - and I make about 100 tracks per year for Libraries

I think what it is they almost all came in later  - except maybe the staff view and I don't read music anyway so that's moot.  But I already had a workflow and they don't make it any easier so I just never bothered. 

Actually the Arranger is the one new thing I have used but not for arranging , it's handy for selecting the entire track when you export so if your making stems etc they are always the same length - I find it less fiddly than other methods as it can be done with just a click and I can leave all my spare parts further over on the timeline.

image.thumb.png.c74a745719026c73997f2e35e5fd89b0.png  

• Like 1

Selection Tracks. I liked it. 😊

As an example for using for a different purpose than the original, I use Matrix View for infinite loops. It is very useful when developing an idea with a continous melody or rythm without extending the loop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 3:48 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Actually I've been using CW about 25 years and there's loads of stuff I've never used.  Staff View - Video - Screensets - Markers -  Mix Recall - Ripple Editing - Audiosnap - ReWire - Matrix View - Workspaces - Scale Snap....there's probably others !

No markers? As someone who flubs a note every so often, I'd be so worse off without having markers I can lay down to remind me where I need to edit of punch in.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that you've probably not used Lyrics View, at least not more than once.

It's one of my favorite features, not to actually use, but just to remember it every once in a while and ponder that someone had to suggest it and then it was implemented in that fashion. It is....unique, I daresay. It's a workflow like no other.

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

No markers? As someone who flubs a note every so often, I'd be so worse off without having markers I can lay down to remind me where I need to edit of punch in.

No ..I mean I can just look at the screen and know where everything is .  When recording I just tend to loop a section and if I mess up  - CTRL-Z ....Hit record again...I've never actually used the Punch IN-OUT either..not since the days of tape

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'll go out on a limb here and say that you've probably not used Lyrics View, at least not more than once.

Haha - once...many many years ago, it's easier to write them on a sheet of paper and pin them up by the mic stand

• Like 1