Foolish Days

Bajan Blue

On 2/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, Wookiee said:

For a change listing on the Event 20/20's as the rest of the studio has not been turned on today.

Sounds up to your normal quality and standard Nigel, nice mix, good voice definition/separation

I should say also enjoyed the tune.

Hi Wookie - thanks, glad it sounded OK on the Events - cool you enjoyed it, thanks for listening

Cheers

nigel

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, SupaReels said:

Great story,  Had to listen twice cause there's a lot going on ... left a comment on YT

Steve

Steve - thanks yes saw the YouTube comment, most appreciated

On 2/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Again - this sounds professional to my ears - a quality song and mix - well done.

Also, having pretty women in a video never hurts😄

Douglas - well it takes quite a bit of time to do each video, so it is good to have something nice to look at while you do it!!

Thanks for the positive comments

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, jack c. said:

wonderful recording job,voices and music.jack c.

Nigel Nicholls thanks Jack appreciated

On 2/12/2021 at 9:15 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Another excellent track & video from you. Enjoyed it.

Really glad you enjoyed it - thanks for taking the time to have a listen

On 2/12/2021 at 10:42 PM, Starise said:

Great audio and video. I want to get to this level one day in video work. The scenes match very well with the music narrative. I hope the tune gets great exposure on YouTube. Deserves it.

Thanks for those very kind comments - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 2/15/2021 at 7:44 AM, bjornpdx said:

Nigel
I always like your videos because they take me away to this dreamy place far away from my wintry reality. Again, great song in a professionally produced video.
-Bjorn 

Bjorn

So glad you like it - I forget you guys are in winter up there - still summer down here at the bottom of the world!!!!!

Keep well

Nigel

Hi tom

thanks my friend - really appreciate that - we try and promote through YouTube these days, so we do get some exposure over there.

We can't wait for the release date either - this album has been finished for ages, but it never seemed the right time to release it!!!  I've already finished writing the next album and have just started to record it!!!!! suffering a bit of a Covid traffic jam sort of thing

Keep well

Nigel

• Like 1

It's a very strong song, and the video reflects and enhances the message the song speaks of . . . (almost) everyone remembers those foolish days, so it speaks to the listener with a very personalized message. Your vocalist is so amazing ! . . . and there are lots of synth and bg vocal treats as the song passes by.

I'm still trying to figure out when I hear your mixes, how everything gets spread so wide and stays clear, and keeps separated, especially the drums. Well done.

Always such quality. I saw this posted a while ago, so just savored it for a bit, yes a pleasure delayer . . . I just knew it would be great, and it was.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:21 AM, AndyB01 said:

Great tune Nigel and the usual very high production standards. I don't know how you guys remain so consistent - you must write the odd clunker, no?

Great job

Andy

Hi Andy

Oh yes, definitely written more than the odd clunker - the thing we've got better at over the years is recognizing the look of extreme pain on peoples faces when we play them our latest and greatest tune!!!!

Nigel

On 2/25/2021 at 3:06 AM, David Sprouse said:

apropos  of a musician your videos make a statement on the passage of time so well.   I don't know the technical terms for the shots, but it makes a good foundation for your music.   Always enjoy your work!

David

Thanks really appreciated - we do put a lot of effort into the videos these days - no live gigs so on line promotion only, so we decided to try and promote through YouTube and videos. We've just finished 9 new videos for the new album release next Friday

Nigel

On 2/25/2021 at 4:40 AM, noynekker said:

It's a very strong song, and the video reflects and enhances the message the song speaks of . . . (almost) everyone remembers those foolish days, so it speaks to the listener with a very personalized message. Your vocalist is so amazing ! . . . and there are lots of synth and bg vocal treats as the song passes by.

I'm still trying to figure out when I hear your mixes, how everything gets spread so wide and stays clear, and keeps separated, especially the drums. Well done.

Always such quality. I saw this posted a while ago, so just savored it for a bit, yes a pleasure delayer . . . I just knew it would be great, and it was.

Really really glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for taking the time to watch it and make such a great comment - really appreciated

Nigel