Studio One 5 Pro and Notion 6

cclarry

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I do wish they would sell some add-ons  like Rature-Pro and Z3TA2+ again and update them. They were/are good synths.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. I know that we love them. And they are still good synths if you are lucky enough to have them.

But strictly looking at it from an economic and marketing perspective, they would face some very stiff competition in the soft synth market today if they were just being released now. It might be tough to build a business case for re-investing in them. Just look at the the quality of the free software available now, and the $29 (or even $1) type deals from the heavy hitters. Sigh...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, pbognar said:

Be careful - I read somewhere that Studio One version 4 / 5 projects can not be loaded into version 3x or lower.

As far as I'm aware, none of the Studio One projects are backwards compatible with older versions. They recommend making a copy of the project to test in the new version, and leaving the old version of the DAW installed side by side.

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Well they intend to make tighter integration between Bandlab and CbB so  Meng seems to have a long range plan for CbB.  

I do wish they would sell some add-ons  like Rature-Pro and Z3TA2+ again and update them. They were/are good synths.

I just installed Studio One 5 last night and somehow it scanned all of my drives and found Rapture, Dim Pro, Z3TA, Pentagon and all the other Cake stuff. It even found True Piano's. Funny thing is, I can't get Rapture to run in Studio One 3 or CbB, but Studio One 5 found it and it loads right up.

Out of curiosity I clicked on the link that said 'True Piano's only works with Cakewalk click link to buy full version' when I loaded True Piano's 64. It's still available and you can still get a discount if you own Cakewalk. I couldn't believe it.

I really like Rapture, Dim Pro, and Z3TA. I still use them. Z3TA can be used as a VST effect for guitar and vocal with some great results.

• Like 1