Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

A Different Kind Of Day

Recommended Posts

good sound and recording.record your voice one more time.it feels as if some of the timing is a tad off.jack c.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Douglas , I really liked the song , but there is definitely a tempo problem. It's like there are tempo changes without all the instruments following . Maybe a copy/paste issue here and there. I would solo the drums against a metronome and work from there. I can't seem to be able to tap my finger on my coffee cup and stay in time. (brand new coffee cup) Probably something simple ..  Still enjoyed it ..  mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jack c. said:

good sound and recording.record your voice one more time.it feels as if some of the timing is a tad off.jack c.

Thanks for listening Jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark skinner said:

 Douglas , I really liked the song , but there is definitely a tempo problem. It's like there are tempo changes without all the instruments following . Maybe a copy/paste issue here and there. I would solo the drums against a metronome and work from there. I can't seem to be able to tap my finger on my coffee cup and stay in time. (brand new coffee cup) Probably something simple ..  Still enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks Mark - this was a tough song for programming drums - it doesn't have any tempo changes, but it probably should.  I probably shouldn't have posted this, since it's a bit too loose - oh well.  Thanks for listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you're bonding with Amp5.
As always 👍's.

t

as to the drums, I never got a sense of vertigo, but maybe my timing is naturally a little "loose"....
Like bitflipper once asked me, "a little sloppy with sunglasses on?"

😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Sounds like you're bonding with Amp5.
As always 👍's.

t

as to the drums, I never got a sense of vertigo, but maybe my timing is naturally a little "loose"....
Like bitflipper once asked me, "a little sloppy with sunglasses on?"

😎

Thanks for listening Tom.  Regarding Amp5, it's pretty cool.  My only complaint is that it's a bit slow to load on the first instance in a project.  Besides that, it sounds great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely in the face mix, I do wonder if the Hats and bass are a little to upfront/prominent Douglas.

From your other responses you might do a remix I will keep the furry lugs on the look for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Definitely in the face mix, I do wonder if the Hats and bass are a little to upfront/prominent Douglas.

From your other responses you might do a remix I will keep the furry lugs on the look for it. 

Thanks for your crits Wookiee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...