ERROR FADERS

Studio Brasil Producer

hello, i have a problem on the cakewalk. the problem is occurring on all tracks. my whole mix is ready. but at a certain point running the project, the faders of all tracks increase by themselves from nowhere. exploding sound; then down the volume again and a few minutes increase again. it doesn’t even have an automation, I think it’s strange for that, because there are no automation lines.

Just for the sake of testing - have you de-selected all of the automation read buttons ?  - and tried playback ?  Does it happen at the same position in the time line? If it is all faders  including the buss faders and the master.  I would guess you might have a corrupt project.

There are a couple of things that could make this happen:

- A "hidden" automation envelope - i.e. you've deleted the lane, but not the envelope itself (this could be the result of an accidental copy/paste of your envelopes)
- Using remote control / ACT / generic surface control on your faders, with a VSTi outputting MIDI that is somehow being routed back to the faders. 

The best thing would be to post your project (either here, or PM me or @Jonathan Sasor ) so we can take a look.