Studio Brasil Producer

error! faders increases out of nowhere

Question

hello, i have a problem on the cakewalk. the problem is occurring on all tracks. my whole mix is ready. but at a certain point running the project, the faders of all tracks increase by themselves from nowhere. exploding sound; then down the volume again and a few minutes increase again. it doesn’t even have an automation, I think it’s strange for that, because there are no automation lines.

1612477629281661474219.jpg

4 answers to this question

So your tracks look like they all might be midi. The answer to the problem might be there is somehow a global volume CC coming in. Try turning off all midi inputs. 

Check that your MIDI track do not have any CC7 events in there.  Select all, then open Event List view. Maybe filter to display just controller events.

There are a couple of things that could make this happen:

- A "hidden" automation envelope - i.e. you've deleted the lane, but not the envelope itself (this could be the result of an accidental copy/paste of your envelopes)
- Using remote control / ACT / generic surface control on your faders, with a VSTi outputting MIDI that is somehow being routed back to the faders. 

The best thing would be to post your project (either here, or PM me or @Jonathan Sasor ) so we can take a look.