Allow finer control in Process/Transpose for audio

Starship Krupa

If I get a file from someone that's recorded just a few cents sharp or flat in pitch, the only way to remedy this using Cakewalk (and not with an expired trial of Melodyne) is to open the file in Loop Construction View. This process is buried very deep in the Reference Guide and took me a long time to find.

We have the Process/Transpose command, which can be applied to clips from the global menu, but it only allows shifting pitch in half-step increments, which is of no use when someone shows up with something that's say, 5 cents flat.

I would like to be able to apply finer increments of pitch shift via the Process/Transpose command (and/or right click on the clip).

The algorithms that would do the signal processing are already built in to Cakewalk. Whenever I need to perform this not uncommon task, I feel frustrated that I can't utilize them more fully.

(While it's true that I could also open them in just about any audio editing program like Sound Forge or Audacity (which I have), the advantage that a DAW has is that processes like this can be non-destructive)

• Great Idea 3

13 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

If I get a file from someone that's recorded just a few cents sharp or flat in pitch, the only way to remedy this using Cakewalk (and not with an expired trial of Melodyne) is to open the file in Loop Construction View. This process is buried very deep in the Reference Guide and took me a long time to find.

We have the Process/Transpose command, which can be applied to clips from the global menu, but it only allows shifting pitch in half-step increments, which is of no use when someone shows up with something that's say, 5 cents flat.

I would like to be able to apply finer increments of pitch shift via the Process/Transpose command (and/or right click on the clip).

The algorithms that would do the signal processing are already built in to Cakewalk. Whenever I need to perform this not uncommon task, I feel frustrated that I can't utilize them more fully.

(While it's true that I could also open them in just about any audio editing program like Sound Forge or Audacity (which I have), the advantage that a DAW has is that processes like this can be non-destructive)

Would be very nice

Edited by solarlux
  • Like 1