Vox Cambridge 50 audio interface

Nigel Barnes

Hi,  I've been a Sonar/Cakewalk user for many years and love the product!  One of the reasons I just bought a Cambridge 50 was for the ability to use the audio interface.  In the Vox demo, they were using Logic, which allowed them to select the Vox interface as the track input, and a different device for the output. i.e. The main interface for the DAW. Cakewalk only allows a single device for both input and output.  Any chance we could get that Logic feature in Cakewalk?

1 hour ago, Nigel Barnes said:

Hi,  I've been a Sonar/Cakewalk user for many years and love the product!  One of the reasons I just bought a Cambridge 50 was for the ability to use the audio interface.  In the Vox demo, they were using Logic, which allowed them to select the Vox interface as the track input, and a different device for the output. i.e. The main interface for the DAW. Cakewalk only allows a single device for both input and output.  Any chance we could get that Logic feature in Cakewalk?

This is something Core Audio and JACK can do. It's called "Aggregated Devices".  Effectively allows you to have multiple sources from different hardware and places unified into a single driver and gives you the power to send from and to every device in the aggregation. ASIO4ALL can do that with some limited capacity and the ESi cards had ASIO drivers with that capacity too.