Jump to content
ABull

xxxxx

Recommended Posts

quantize drums and keys.lower voices some. high harmony needs some tweaking.nice recording job.jack c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool song Allen - I enjoyed your vocal as I always do - and I liked that instrument you brought in on the 2nd verse on the left - sounds like a synth.

Solid mix - sounded good to me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a number of members of the forum you know you can count on for well written, well performed submissions.

Allan ranks among them...

t

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very 60's sounding.
Backing vocals.... well done.

Everyone paints different pictures..  but it would bring the keys up a little (is there a Rhodes in there... some synthy sound too that seems to be in the back?)

well done mate.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great sounding 1960's pop-ish sound.  Your vocals, harmonies and BGV,s sound very good indeed.   To my fossilized ears the melody and vocals have a wee bit of a McCartney sound (a complement indeed!).  Good work Allan!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great vibe on this Allan, really enjoyed the listen. Very well crafted as always. Andy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allan . . . very well written song, and I always dig your vocals and harmonies. You have a characteristic "slide up" in the vocals of many of your songs that I like. I'm not hearing the 60's thing others have mentioned, for me, it needs more tambourine to sound 60's . . . or, more cowbell to sound 70's ? Lol.

My mix preference here would be to have the vocals lower and the instruments  slightly louder, drum balance is good. On headphones it sounds more balanced, but listening on smaller speakers, I hear the vocals standing out a lot, but alas, they sound great, so no real offense there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of stuff to like in this one. As always with your stuff, there are great vocals supporting a good melody over some truly interesting harmony. Sometimes I hear a strong Atlanta Rhythm Section vibe in there. Great playing everywhere you look. As for the mix, you always do a great job getting a "modern/vintage" vibe going with all the parts, nice and clear but smooth too. To my ears some additional work needs to be done to get all the parts to gel together better, but I'm not sure what that would be. Perhaps some light compression on the sub-mixes?  Finally, that is one groovy bass line, bro!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, jack c. said:

quantize drums and keys.lower voices some. high harmony needs some tweaking.nice recording job.jack c.

Hey thanks for listening -- glad you like it -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 9:04 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the tune, nice harmonies & 60's vibe.

Hey now, thanks for listening & commenting mate -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 6:57 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool song Allen - I enjoyed your vocal as I always do - and I liked that instrument you brought in on the 2nd verse on the left - sounds like a synth.

Solid mix - sounded good to me.

Glad you like the song Douglas and thanks for saying so -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, DeeringAmps said:

There are a number of members of the forum you know you can count on for well written, well performed submissions.

Allan ranks among them...

t

Yes, I've been known to occasionally rank...:)  Thanks for listening Tom -- Allan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Lots of stuff to like in this one. As always with your stuff, there are great vocals supporting a good melody over some truly interesting harmony. Sometimes I hear a strong Atlanta Rhythm Section vibe in there. Great playing everywhere you look. As for the mix, you always do a great job getting a "modern/vintage" vibe going with all the parts, nice and clear but smooth too. To my ears some additional work needs to be done to get all the parts to gel together better, but I'm not sure what that would be. Perhaps some light compression on the sub-mixes?  Finally, that is one groovy bass line, bro!

Hey Kevin, thanks for those complimentary comments -- much appreciated.  And, I'm pleased you like my bass playing! -- Allan.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 3:58 PM, freddy j said:

Great sounding 1960's pop-ish sound.  Your vocals, harmonies and BGV,s sound very good indeed.   To my fossilized ears the melody and vocals have a wee bit of a McCartney sound (a complement indeed!).  Good work Allan!

Well, Freddy, a wee bit of McCartney is certainly weeeeee enough for me -- thanks for that and thanks for listening mate -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 9:42 AM, Paul Bush said:

Groovy tune,  so clear  , I can hear so many influences in there , nice one

Hey, it's also groovy that you listened and commented -- much thanks -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 10:48 PM, noynekker said:

Allan . . . very well written song, and I always dig your vocals and harmonies. You have a characteristic "slide up" in the vocals of many of your songs that I like. I'm not hearing the 60's thing others have mentioned, for me, it needs more tambourine to sound 60's . . . or, more cowbell to sound 70's ? Lol.

My mix preference here would be to have the vocals lower and the instruments  slightly louder, drum balance is good. On headphones it sounds more balanced, but listening on smaller speakers, I hear the vocals standing out a lot, but alas, they sound great, so no real offense there.

Hey, I'm pleased you like the song and the vox -- and, thanks for the suggestions -- much appreciated. -- Allan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...