Jump to content
daryl1968

Don't let the sun set - New original song recorded with CbB

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks

I have been hanging around the original Cakewalk forum for some years but this is my first post here.

Here's an original song, written and recorded by me entirely in Cakewalk by Bandlab. 

Nits and crits welcome.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I can see you don't need any *ahem* coaching on this one 😁

I would love to know what you do to get such a clean sounding recording. Are you running through some kind of high end gear?  I guess I just need to learn how to mix.

The mix on my end is pristine. No mud to be found anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd put a low-pass on the percussion, but otherwise it's a beautiful thing man. Love the lyrics especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the hallmarks of a Staypress production on this Daryl, not hearing the need for a low-pass on the purcussion here but that could these furry ears.

Nice job. 🙂
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only add to the praise for this song.  I like the way you keep your mixes clean by not cluttering them up.  It really makes mixing so much easier.  Your works never fail to bring a smile to me, as well as your impeccable delivery.  Have a prosperous new year, my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great Daryl! I love the reggae beat. That bass line is awesome! I don't know what vsti you're using, but it fits the song perfectly. Cleverly written lyrics, as always. I love your voice as well! Mix sounds spot on to me. Great song man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 10:06 PM, Starise said:

Well I can see you don't need any *ahem* coaching on this one 😁

I would love to know what you do to get such a clean sounding recording. Are you running through some kind of high end gear?  I guess I just need to learn how to mix.

The mix on my end is pristine. No mud to be found anywhere.

Thanks Tim - no particular high end gear - Focusrite Saffire interface

On 12/27/2018 at 11:25 PM, Will Hackett said:

I'd put a low-pass on the percussion, but otherwise it's a beautiful thing man. Love the lyrics especially.

Thanks Will - I'll have a listen

On 12/28/2018 at 6:15 PM, Wookiee said:

All the hallmarks of a Staypress production on this Daryl, not hearing the need for a low-pass on the purcussion here but that could these furry ears.

Nice job. 🙂
 

Thanks a lot Wookster my mate - maybe I won't have a listen :)

On 12/28/2018 at 6:58 PM, bayoubill said:

I Am a true fan !!!

Great song!

:)

Thanks Bill - hope you are well mate

On 12/29/2018 at 2:18 AM, Elepha3 said:

Sounds great! 

Thanks Elepha3 - very kind

On 12/29/2018 at 6:50 AM, quantumeffect said:

Love the groove.  Excellent job on the percussion!  The "fade - a - way" on the outro fade is a nice touch 🙂

Thanks a lot Dave

On 12/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Love the sparse arrangement and great vocals with clever lyrics, as always. Very fine work!

Thanks a lot Kevin

On 12/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

I can only add to the praise for this song.  I like the way you keep your mixes clean by not cluttering them up.  It really makes mixing so much easier.  Your works never fail to bring a smile to me, as well as your impeccable delivery.  Have a prosperous new year, my friend!

Thanks and you too Lynn - don't forget you owe me a colab!

On 1/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, Jamesyoyo said:

My only tiny crit is that your vocal should be up a db or two.

Other than that, sheer perfection!

Thanks a lot James - I really appreciate it. I'll have a listen to the vocal

On 1/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Leadfoot said:

This is great Daryl! I love the reggae beat. That bass line is awesome! I don't know what vsti you're using, but it fits the song perfectly. Cleverly written lyrics, as always. I love your voice as well! Mix sounds spot on to me. Great song man!

Thanks so much Leadfoot - I can't remember what I used for the bass but it's probably 2 or 3 sounds layered - that's what I usually do.

 

Is that OK @paulo ? :)

 

Edited by daryl1968

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is excellent like all your stuff is.  I'm going to echo what everyone else has said and commend the amazing clean recording and mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, jude77 said:

This is excellent like all your stuff is.  I'm going to echo what everyone else has said and commend the amazing clean recording and mix.

Thanks so much Jude77

On 1/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

"Thanks and you too Lynn - don't forget you owe me a colab!"

 

Yes, indeed!  I just updated my thesaurus!😊

Soon then mate.....

 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:17 PM, David Sprouse said:

Great take on reggae.  Nicely done

Cheers David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Daryl,

Clever song + excellent mix.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thanks a lot Paul. Very kind of you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...