Where Are the New Project Icon PNGs Located?

David Wm. Sims

I made a change to one of the default new project template files, and now it doesn't show it's icon in the Start Screen.  I know how to assign PNG files to project template files, but I can't find where the original project template icon files are located, so I can reattach the icon file to the new version of the project template file. 

Does anyone know where Cakewalk installs the icons for the new project template files?  Thanks for any help.

Right.  It seems as though the original template icons are not easy to find, and they get overwritten if you modify a default template that comes with installation without changing  the name. 

That being the case, can someone post here their copy of the Basic.cwt template file from the Project Templates folder?  I will download it and copy back into my folder and overwrite my modified file.  Thanks in advance for any help.

The project templates supplied by Cakewalk may be overwritten without notice with a later update.

The only way to prevent losing custom templates is avoid using the template names supplied by Cakewalk or create a custom location for project templates.

The template path is specified in preferences.

The Cakewalk supplied templates update the default location only.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...