Moving from Amplitube 4 to 5

Starise

I’m playing it “safe”. I don’t always freeze my guitar tracks, I guess because I often go back and re-amp tracks. 
I do mklink to my sample drives anything that takes up significant space on the C drive. In the case of Amp 4 & 5, over 3 gigs if memory serves. 
t

consequently my old cat has Amp 3 4 5, Sonar 8 - Platinum; you get the picture...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

I’m playing it “safe”. I don’t always freeze my guitar tracks, I guess because I often go back and re-amp tracks. 
I do mklink to my sample drives anything that takes up significant space on the C drive. In the case of Amp 4 & 5, over 3 gigs if memory serves. 
t

consequently my old cat has Amp 3 4 5, Sonar 8 - Platinum; you get the picture...

I was attempting to make more space on my C drive. I guess 3 gigs for both isn't that bad. I was thinking it was a heavier program storage wise. Thanks Tom

• Like 1

The AT4 stuff stays after uninstalling AT4.  AT4 is like 1-1.5GB of space so it's just not something I wanted to sit on my system - plus it shows up in the search results in DAW and on the Windows Start Menu.  Just annoying to have it sit there.

I uninstalled AT4 the minute I confirmed my content moved over to AT5.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I would wait to switch. AT5 is slower and has some sharp edges still.

So I got AT 5 as part of a larger purchase on an IK deal and it has sat on my SDD for awhile before I had the time to look at it. It reminded me some of THD. I plugged my guitar in and got no sound. I went to my amps and tried to select a few. Still nothing. Went back to AT4, everything works great. So far I'm not impressed. I'm either slow off the line or this isn't as intuitive as AT4. AT 5 is so different it looks like I need to relearn how to use it.  If I didn't need to play quiet sometimes I'd just go buy another real amp and be done with it. I should have the full program. Doesn't look like a lite version, so I'm not sure what gives. I'm not computer illiterate, but apparently I'm missing a few things here. Anyone else having similar issues?

2 hours ago, Starise said:

So I got AT 5 as part of a larger purchase on an IK deal and it has sat on my SDD for awhile before I had the time to look at it. It reminded me some of THD. I plugged my guitar in and got no sound. I went to my amps and tried to select a few. Still nothing. Went back to AT4, everything works great. So far I'm not impressed. I'm either slow off the line or this isn't as intuitive as AT4. AT 5 is so different it looks like I need to relearn how to use it.  If I didn't need to play quiet sometimes I'd just go buy another real amp and be done with it. I should have the full program. Doesn't look like a lite version, so I'm not sure what gives. I'm not computer illiterate, but apparently I'm missing a few things here. Anyone else having similar issues?

A number of people, including myself, had problems with audio output from the standalone version. If that's your problem go to settings and change the audio output device to something else and then change it back to what you want. Once you do that it should be fine.

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

The issues are as a VST? Or standalone?

t

I was using it stand alone.

10 hours ago, rsinger said:

A number of people, including myself, had problems with audio output from the standalone version. If that's your problem go to settings and change the audio output device to something else and then change it back to what you want. Once you do that it should be fine.

I think that's what the issue was. Works ok as a plugin. Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Disappointed that the Leslie cabs in A4 do not carry over to A5!!! I do love to use that Harrison-Clapton swirl from time to time. I hate to spend more money but I guess I'll have to purchase a Leslie in the Custom Shop for A5.

Kinda bites when A4 had 2 to choose from.

That's a bit of an oddity. They should. I'd complain to IK about it, considering their statement that all purchases carry over across versions and they were even eager to give people that bought 4 MAX a version 5 with everything during the pre-release period.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

The VST is slow to scan, and it opens slower.  I don't think it's a dealbreaker, though.  It seems to do a content scan every time you open it.

The time difference from version 4 is almost one order of magnitude more. You could probably mix an entire record by the time it takes Amplitube 5 to load a single instance.

14 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The time difference from version 4 is almost one order of magnitude more. You could probably mix an entire record by the time it takes Amplitube 5 to load a single instance.

Let's not exaggerate.  I have this installed on two machines, including a 7th Gen i7 Laptop (i7-7700HQ) and it isn't nearly as bad as you're saying it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone having an issue getting their Amplitube 4 Collections in Amplitube 5?

I've been going round with IK tech support and can't get mine to show in AT5. I only installed the VST3 version and an running that as a plugin. Could that be something? Does CbB need the VST2 version to work properly?

Loads fine, but none of my collections show up, AND when I go to load just a basic preset that comes with AT5 (I have the version just below the AT5 MAX version) it says I don't own the gear needed for the preset. I've been on the IK boards as well and have done all the troubleshooting suggested there and nothing seems to help. Re-authorized my gear/collections in the Product Manager... unauthorized/re-authorized AT5 in Product Manager and rebooted... etc., etc. 

Any ideas what might be going on? Pretty frustrated. Thanks.