TracingArcs

Winter Voices - Snowdrifter

I was asked to write a demo of the Pianobook collab Winter Voices. Here's my effort. With a number of instances of Winter Voices, LABS, and Pianobook instruments. All of which are free. And Christian Henson played it in the background on the live launch !(chuffed)

• Like 1

I liked all the low end on this. For something supposed to be centered around winter I was referencing more similar tracks I have heard. I didn't think it sounded anything like any of those. It sounded good though and would fit this subject.

Very nice.
Took a look at "pianobook"  never heard of it before and also download some cool stuff.
I liked your piece and processed well on my Focal trio's.

Bass to me (we all paint very different pictures) seemed too be a little muffled??
Not trying to say I know it all or take away from what you have created...   just  my personal taste.

Loved the percusion and twinkling of the bells with a little electronic vibraphone with good spaced stereophonic tickling my ears.

• Like 1

great recording!send this to the people in washington dc.they need to mellow out more then the rest of our world.jack c.

• Like 1

Eno-esque
Love the synthy voices. Change to minor tone ~3:00   Very good
Boy this is really good. I could listen to this all day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garybrun said:

Very nice.
Took a look at "pianobook"  never heard of it before and also download some cool stuff.
I liked your piece and processed well on my Focal trio's.

Bass to me (we all paint very different pictures) seemed too be a little muffled??
Not trying to say I know it all or take away from what you have created...   just  my personal taste.

Loved the percusion and twinkling of the bells with a little electronic vibraphone with good spaced stereophonic tickling my ears.

Thanks Garybrun. There are over 400 free instruments at Pianobook. Many would be good commercial releases.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, bjornpdx said:

Eno-esque
Love the synthy voices. Change to minor tone ~3:00   Very good
Boy this is really good. I could listen to this all day.

Exactly what Bjorn said!!

Love this

Nigel

• Like 1