Abandon all hope, ye who enter The Drum Map Manager

Starship Krupa

On 1/2/2023 at 10:14 PM, Robert Bone said:
On 12/30/2020 at 7:20 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

As a side note, if you happen to save your track setup as a track preset with a drum map to go with it, that drum map is not loaded when you load your track preset. It just adds a new empty DM entry that you have to reload your preset.

Can you (or someone) please explain this?  I don't quite understand.

Thanks, Bob Bone

I'm not seeing a problem saving a track template that uses a drum map. My guess is the drum map had not been saved or was not available in the expected path when the template was reloaded.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

like programming drums with the little triangle-y notes where it's so easy to adjust velocity per note rather than having to open the velocity pane at the bottom. Unless there's something I'm not grasping (probability: high), you must be using a drum map in order to get that.

Notes in the PRV will show the same velocity adjustment tool cursor when you hover of the upper edge of the note near the center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, David Baay said:

Notes in the PRV will show the same velocity adjustment tool cursor when you hover of the upper edge of the note near the center.

🤯

How have I not noticed that in 5 years of MIDI editing in Cakewalk??

I think that maybe since the Smart Tool goes through so many cursor changes in so many different contexts, my mind filtered them out after a while. Like "oh, the cursor just flipped again, I wonder what that's about, let's get back to the editing."

That is a cognitive rut I must get out of.

• Like 1