Harrison AVA Vocal Flow does not work in Cakewalk.

Maxim Vasilyev

Hello.
At first I only installed the VST2 version of Harrison AVA Vocal Flow and successfully registered the plugin, but after that everything hung.
Restarting the system did not solve the problem: the plugin is loaded, you can turn the knobs on its panel, but when you click any other window, Cakewalk stops working (for example, try to close the plugin window).
Later I uninstalled the VST2 version and installed the VST3 version. When this version (VST3) of the plugin is called, Cakewalk is simply closed.
Then I installed both versions (VST2 and VST3), as well as all versions of the plugin that the installer offers - crash.
A colleague from another studio has the same situation on Cakewalk.
This is observed on Win 7 and win 10x64 as well.
Everything works on other DAWs (eg Cubase).
Does anyone have the same problem?

I have had looong similar issues with AVA Deesser. It used to crash Cakewalk when trying to close the plugin GUI window or delete it from fx bin.

Since a more recent versions of Cakewalk it makes Cakewalk completely vanish if I try to delete the plugin from fx bin the second time i.e. first load and delete plugin is ok, but following with loading and delete makes Cakewalk vanish without any warning.

Would need to check it on my other computer where I have even more recent version of Cakewalk, but there used to be a crash typically too.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem. It works great in Sonar Platinum, Samplitude, and of course Mixbus 32C, but it zaps CbB every time.

Edit: Just as a side note, it works fine with the Ava Mastering EQ and Multiband Comp.

Edited by Leadfoot

• 2 years later...