Been working for a while now on porting the popular ORCHESTOOLS ONE library for sampletank3 to dedicated VST instruments. Thus the ORCHESTOOLS SECTIONS | FREE PUBLIC ORCHESTRA idea was born. It is comprised of 4 virtual instruments built on the same Versilian Studios VSCO 2 Community Edition sample library.

The first three instruments - ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS, ORCHESTOOLS | BRASS and ORCHESTOOLS | WINDS cover, as their name suggests, specific sections of the orchestra. Each has 4 layers in which different samplemaps can be loaded to create various sounds and textures  and each layer can be independently edited with plenty of controls for amplitude, filtering, LFO and ENVELOPE modulation, dynamics and effects. All of them feature a preset library with over 100 factory presets and favorite and search funcionality. The fourth instrument - ORCHESTOOLS | PERC has all mentioned features but has 6 layers and a somewhat different UI. 

The first instrument in the row is ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS , released recently - check https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools/ for download links and news! Two short teaser videos bellow demonstrate the sounds, the looks and the capabilities of ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS instrument of the series!

Opensource and free, forever! Make Music & Love.

-

Edited by ilir bajri
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS

the first of four...

All about strings. Four layers packed with controls, modulation and filters that can load any of the 78  samplemaps built on Versilian Studios VSCO 2 CE sample library. Violins, violas, cellos and basses and articulations like legato, pizzicato, spiccato. Two LFO's - one synced one free with standard, custom and pattern modes with editors. Convolution reverb and compression.  A library with over 150 presets to help you get starting with your orchestral works and projects. 

VST3 windows plugin, for download links visit:

https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools/orchestools-two

• 3 weeks later...

ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS update v.1.0.1

What is new in update version 1.0.1:

fixed the missing tutti samples on the sample library.

Now "tutti" samplemaps are audible and all the presets using them will sound correctly.

https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools/forum/_news/orchestools-strings-update-v-1-0-1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

@ilir bajri, thank you so much for doing this. I'd also like to add that I really like your demo pieces.

Thank you. Glad you like my work and my pieces. Please send me link to your own works and if you make something with orchestools instruments.

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ORCHESTOOLS | WINDS - the third instruments of the ORCHESTOOLS | SECTIONS - Free Public Orchestra Project is released. 

For download links go to orchestools website and scroll down to orchestools winds sections and download vst3plugin and samples archive. You can also download source files for HISE platform in case you like to compile the instrument yourself.

Free and Opensource, for music and ❤️

888340274_OTWINDS0.thumb.jpg.a45648a8f0341d2d9094ea7411929b0e.jpg

OT WINDS 0(1).jpg

OT WINDS 0(2).jpg

OT WINDS 0(3).jpg

OT WINDS 0(4).jpg

Edited by ilir bajri
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

ORCHESTOOL | SECTIONS completed

Happy to announce the release of the last of four instruments of the ORCHESTOOLS | SECTIONS - Free Public Orchestra series. The instrument covering percussions ORCHESTOOLS | PERC is released (go to orchestools website page for download links). Spent more than a year in developing and working on this project. Next few months i will work mainly in making tutorial/instructional videos and few demonstrational ones as well. In general i am happy with the result and already instruments have been downloaded (over 2000 downloads total) and reactions, suggestions and ideas are coming in. Already there are talks/plans for ORCHESTOOL | SECTIONS 1.5 version - wich will instroduce more samples, more articulations, more presets and improved funcionalities of the engine.

So, ORCHESTOOLS | STRINGS, ORCHESTOOLS | BRASS, ORCHESTOOLS | WINDS and ORCHESTOOLS | PERC are now available for you to download and play with. Hope you like them and find them useful in your work and projects. Would be great, and i would appreciate it very much, if you send results of your work, link of audios and videos. Also, I would appreciate very much your opinions, ideas, criticism about this project.

For music and ❤️

(*instruments available as VST3 plugins for 64bit Windows, also as sourcefiles to build them in other OS)

1104999286_ORCHESTOOLSSECTIONS.thumb.png.9de7d8d934312962aca0670441613acd.png

Edited by ilir bajri
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry for this newbie question, but better to ask than to make dreadful mistakes.

When presented with the download page of the Orchestools Sections, at the bottom of each are 3 download buttons. A VST3, a Samples and a Github.

I want to download the 4 Sections and use them in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

What is the correct download and install procedure ? What do I download ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

You need to download Samples as well. 
When you download the VST archive - inside it there is a readme file that explains the installation procedure. 

In any case if you have any problems or need help you can write here or at orchestools forum on the page. (https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools)

I have auditioned some of he instruments as loaded in Cakewalk with the following results:

1.- Initially, the selected instrument sounds clean. When a new variation of the instrument is selected, notes play with clicks. Returning to the original variation retains the clicks. Reloading the Orchestools synth, the instrument plays clean. All sections behave similarly.

2.- Clarinet only loaded notes from G2 down.

3,- Bassoon only loaded notes from  G2 down.

4.- Cello and Bass long notes do not loop smoothly. There is an abrupt restart.

5.- Timpanis are not tuned, difficult to include them in a classical orchestral score.

Overall, this is a fine effort and some instruments sound very acceptably for Solo orchestral complement.

• Thanks 2

Hi, thanks for the brilliant work, this is surely the result of a gigantic effort that you are sharing with the community.

I'm trying to initiate myself in (rudimentary) orchestration and this seems like an excellent means to it. A basic question, though: in practice, how do you work with the different articulations of an instrument? Do you have do create separate instrument instances (or use different layers in the same instrument) and separate MIDI tracks (and different channels, if using a single VST instance) for the different articulations? 

thanks and regards
josé