Michel Camacho

How to fit song to project tempo and viceversa

Question

Hi everyone, maybe this is a dull question but I have a song that is already quantized at 92 bpm. When I want to set Cakewalk tempo to 92, it doesn't match. So How do I fit the project tempo to the song tempo or how is it possible to match and synchronize both (song and project tempo) to fit with the metronome beat. 

I let a  video below so you can get and idea what I want 

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

The Tempo of the original music file is already in 92 BPM, as long as you find the position of the first beat and match it with the project, the synchronization should be correct.

I extracted the sound of the video, then used iZotope RX8 to cancel the metronome and recorded this video.

There are many ways to align WAVE files. I share my method for your reference. I hope it will be helpful to you.

By the way, if the theme you are currently using is Dark Aqua, because it is an old version of CbB, it is recommended that you download the new Dark Aqua, @Adam Compeau he modified, Here

Edited by Johnny Tsao
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Johnny!  Make sure to get the most updated one here...5 different Pan knob option downloads there as well as updates.

Edited by Adam Compeau
  • Thanks 1

Melodyne 5 has a new feature where you drag and drop Audi to the timeline and it creates a tempo map. Not sure if it works for a whole mix but it works for bass or drum tracks. I’ve used this twice now