Jump to content
garybrun

White Christmas (Vintage)

Recommended Posts

Gary . . . I'm hearing the lush tones of your baritone voice in this one, yah, just like Bing used to do. It's interesting you've showed your vintage microphone, it really captures your performance well. I'm gonna play this version on Christmas Eve, thanks man.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Man, you are a crooner for sure. I don't have any suggestions, just compliments on a job well done.

Thanks so much Bjørn and taking the time to listen and comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, noynekker said:

Gary . . . I'm hearing the lush tones of your baritone voice in this one, yah, just like Bing used to do. It's interesting you've showed your vintage microphone, it really captures your performance well. I'm gonna play this version on Christmas Eve, thanks man.

Thanks so much for the encouragement and taking the time to listen.
Appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could almost imagine this playing amongst the holiday tunes on the local 24 hour Christmas music channel on my cable TV.  Very professional.

🙂 John B

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

I could almost imagine this playing amongst the holiday tunes on the local 24 hour Christmas music channel on my cable TV.  Very professional.

🙂 John B

Thank you John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Fantastic job Gary , you really can tell the seasoned quality of you voice on this one. Superbly sung !  I got a bunch of teeth pulled , then my dentist shut down because of covid.  I havn't minded wearing a mask at all while waiting to finish my dental work , but it really has effected my singing. Doesn't seem to be a problem with you ..   mark

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

 Fantastic job Gary , you really can tell the seasoned quality of you voice on this one. Superbly sung !  I got a bunch of teeth pulled , then my dentist shut down because of covid.  I havn't minded wearing a mask at all while waiting to finish my dental work , but it really has effected my singing. Doesn't seem to be a problem with you ..   mark

Thanks so much for the encouragement @mark skinner
I am due any time now to have six screws in the upper jaw and one on the lower jaw.
At the moment I have a plate and I hate it.
Cant say Im looking forward to the operation either.
Its scheduled for Feb 1st but I have put myself on standby so I hope someone cancels.

Wish you all the best with your treatment too!!
Once again cheers.

Edited by garybrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary, You are very good at using these mixing/engineering tools  to get professional results. Maybe some of this comes from mixing live sound? 

In addition you have the voice to go with this and you mixed it especially well with the track. Must be nice to be retired and be able to do something like this you love. I keep dreaming that one day I'll be in the same place even though I'm a year older than you.

Those implants are no big deal really.  They do it every day, they have all the tools. You won't feel any pain. I had two put in and am looking at a third next year. Expensive but worth it.

The tune would fit right in on any Christmas radio list! Congrats on such nice work!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starise said:

Gary, You are very good at using these mixing/engineering tools  to get professional results. Maybe some of this comes from mixing live sound? 

In addition you have the voice to go with this and you mixed it especially well with the track. Must be nice to be retired and be able to do something like this you love. I keep dreaming that one day I'll be in the same place even though I'm a year older than you.

Those implants are no big deal really.  They do it every day, they have all the tools. You won't feel any pain. I had two put in and am looking at a third next year. Expensive but worth it.

The tune would fit right in on any Christmas radio list! Congrats on such nice work!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and the comments.
I do agree that live sound engineering has a part to play... if it sounds good... it is good!  (trust yourself)
Easy to say when mixing other people---  but not the same when it comes to yourself.

Im dreading these implants....  I know its going to be a lot of pain after the surgery!!!!

Its not nice to be retired on my part...  I have always worked hard...  but to accept you can no longer work like you used to do... is a very different thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed your rendition, good job.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Gary, that brightened my day! I wish a Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks!

-Tom

Cheers Tom for commenting.
Because it brightened yours... it has also brightened mine.
Merry Christmas Pal!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...