Cakewalk and Elektron Overbridge (Digitone)

vorxio

Question

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest version of Cakewalk, but I'm still not able to use Elektron Digitone (with Overbridge correctly installed) as the audio input/output interface inside Cakewalk.

See below the  Audio Preferences screen; when I select Elektron as input and output device, and start a new blank project, the programs hangs: the cursor continues to switch from normal to the rotating blue circle (se bottom of the picture) and I cannot do anything (it seems that it continuosly initializing/failing some operations).

* Has anyone been able to use overbridge with cakewalk?

* How can I debug/ solve this issue?

dev.thumb.png.9e4c6d43552cd769cf937a36d2ea06b9.png

6 answers to this question

If you find an answer to this please update . . . I was able to get Overbridge to output sound when running it as a standalone program, but not as a VST in Cakewalk.  We can not select more than one audio device, so I go with my usual audio interface as the device (in the driver menu you posted) . .. otherwise CWB will crash.  From there I can only create a Instrument track and choose the Digitone as the instrument.  CWB will show that the Digitone is sending MIDI but does not output the sound. 

OK, I figured it out. In order to get sound from Elektron Overbridge into the DAW (Cakewalk) make sure that the sampling rate setting in your ASIO driver configuration panel, the sampling rate setting in the "Elektron Overbridge (in my case, or Digitakt, etc.) Control Panel" standalone app (see gear icon in top right to change setting), and the driver sample rate setting in Cakewalk ALL MATCH . . . I have it set to 256 in all 3 places and now I get audio in Cakewalk from my Digitone via Overbridge.

In Cakewalk I simply create an Instrument track (works with split as well, of course).  The input is the midi Omni for the Digitone device, and output is your audio interface or Master Bus, or whatever you typically do.

Keep your input/output drivers in the screenshot above set to your normal ASIO drivers for your interface, and leave all the Elektron stuff unchecked. 

On 11/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, vorxio said:

How can I debug/ solve this issue?

ASIO4All is not recommended for use with CbB.

ASIO4All should never be installed when factory ASIO drivers are available; it has been known to interfere with real ASIO drivers.

• Like 1

Another issue I learned about is if you just want to use the Elektron box as an audio interface through Overbridge, you have to deal with one annoying intermediate step. You have to select the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver first, then select Overbridge options after. If not, you get this thing when Cakewalk gets stuck in a driver switch loop and you get the spinning icon and have to kill the DAW. It seems there is some bug where Cakewalk forces itself to check with your settings on Generic Low Latency ASIO before it will accept Overbridge.

6 minutes ago, Aeynzmaar Hudhurungi said:

Generic Low Latency ASIO

is a driver optionally installed by Cubase intended for users without an ASIO driver.

Just like ASIO4All, it should not be installed when a factory supplied ASIO driver is available.

Uninstall it or rename the dll or remove the Generic Low Lantency ASIO driver entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scook said:

is a driver optionally installed by Cubase intended for users without an ASIO driver.

Just like ASIO4All, it should not be installed when a factory supplied ASIO driver is available.

Uninstall it or rename the dll or remove the Generic Low Lantency ASIO driver entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

Every erudite, Will do. Thanks!