ON MY WAY

Supa Reels

18 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

I like the way the lyrics flow smoothly; they all fit together like clockwork, yet each individual phrase sings / flows naturally. Beautiful and more than a little poignant.

Good sound, supports the singing without getting in the way.

Great stuff.

Thanks for the excellent and  intuitive feedback Barry. 

I have written stuff for other people over the years but most of the time, to me anyway, they lost the meaning of the work for the trade off  betweer the  beat or melody .. that's OK  cause it sells .. I never made big bucks and never will ( I'm here with my songwriting palls  .. so who cares  ) .. but as long as I reach someone .. it's all good ..... very good !

Your comments are much appreciated 😊

Steve

I certainly join the cast of kudos above.  You did an absoflippinlutely excellent job in your vocal - phrasing, emotion, etc. were great!  The BGVs were the perfect complement to the vocals and the instrumentation carried along the previous two perfectly. 

Well done indeed!

• Like 1

Really felt the emotion in your performance; well done!
The verb on the track really pulled the whole mix together; another well done!

👍's

t

IF you were looking for suggestions, I'd say raise the vocal a couple of db. But that's probably just my tired ears talkin'; pay no attention, I never do...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, freddy j said:

I certainly join the cast of kudos above.  You did an absoflippinlutely excellent job in your vocal - phrasing, emotion, etc. were great!  The BGVs were the perfect complement to the vocals and the instrumentation carried along the previous two perfectly. 

Well done indeed!

Thanks Freddi, I am so pleased you enjoyed the song (warts an all ) !

All the best

Steve

15 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Really felt the emotion in your performance; well done!
The verb on the track really pulled the whole mix together; another well done!

👍's

t

IF you were looking for suggestions, I'd say raise the vocal a couple of db. But that's probably just my tired ears talkin'; pay no attention, I never do...

Thanks Tom, I don't think I can get anymore Db from the main vox with determent to the overall mix. Given what you commented on, my thinking would be perhaps I should give each track better placement and  little more space which would allow a wider field and give the vocal a tad more clarity ... I wont post but I'll see if it works either by upping the vox or providing 'air' to the mix .. good one mate ;)

Stay well

Steve 

10 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Sad lyric line well executed by you.  Almost a "tear jerker".  Nice work on the video.  I really enjoy the "old film" effect. I enjoyed the listen.

🙂 John B

Thanks Jon good to hear from you and that you enjoyed the song .

All the best

Steve

22 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

You sound like you were really hurt by someone.    Glad something good came of it, a good song.

It's an old song David that you've heard before, but doesn't represent anything in particular in my life.  I posted this some time ago as just a CW upload ( No video ) but as said I have this Power Director 365 software suit and never used it, so I thought I'd try using it in the control room with me singing this song. It's nothing like your stuff as I am not an established musician, just a words kinda guy with an empathy for life ... I guess that's where this comes from, in that, we have all suffered hurt at some point, fell in love, didn't work out and so forth ... I can assure you I have the same affinity with classical music, just that I'm not skilled in the art of writing it,  although it brings a tear sometimes when I listen to how it makes one feel..... That's where your work comes in ...... Thanks for the comment my friend and for listening !

Stay well

Steve

On 12/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, Barry Seymour said:

I like the way the lyrics flow smoothly; they all fit together like clockwork, yet each individual phrase sings / flows naturally. Beautiful and more than a little poignant.

Good sound, supports the singing without getting in the way.

Great stuff.

VERY much appreciated Barry, thankyou for listening and your comments.

Steve

Steve ! I enjoyed your video on a couple of levels ..

Watching you perform on a few instruments made me feel comfortable as if I was there looking over your shoulder ...

Your whole set up and having the various recording of tracks made me feel good about what I do over here .Just like in your video I'm banging away on a few instruments my self and I keep forgetting I can do that ....

Love your voice as you sing and I wish I could be as easy going as you were in the video ....You are telling your EX to go take a chomp and to get lost and yet  the tone of your voice is so composed , even keeled and pleasant to listen to .

Comes off hypnotic in a way  ...

The song itself was a good telling of a universal story that happens to most of us . ..all the other stuff makes it even better.

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Steve ! I enjoyed your video on a couple of levels ..

Watching you perform on a few instruments made me feel comfortable as if I was there looking over your shoulder ...

Your whole set up and having the various recording of tracks made me feel good about what I do over here .Just like in your video I'm banging away on a few instruments my self and I keep forgetting I can do that ....

Love your voice as you sing and I wish I could be as easy going as you were in the video ....You are telling your EX to go take a chomp and to get lost and yet  the tone of your voice is so composed , even keeled and pleasant to listen to .

Comes off hypnotic in a way  ...

The song itself was a good telling of a universal story that happens to most of us . ..all the other stuff makes it even better.

all the best,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much for the blindingly great compliments ... sometimes it means everything to reach one person the way this work seems to have caught you. We are all writing and performing stuff here and look to our peers for a tick or cross on our work LOL. 

As said to David it's an empathic bit of songwriting because I have been married to my best friend for 40 years! ( No one else would put up with the cost of this bloody songwriting gig !)  That's not to say I have forgotten the pain of growing up and feeling that bitter taste when it all goes wrong  ... like you knowingly write ' The song itself was a good telling of a universal story that happens to most of us ' .

Thanks again Kenny, you made my day 😉👍

ATB

Steve