Jump to content
SupaReels

ON MY WAY

Recommended Posts

What a pleasure to see you perform!  This is a terrific song that features your smooth, melodic voice, combined with a bit of sadness, that is very convincing.  And, that, to me, is the hallmark of your music;  your conviction.  You can't fake that.  What a great start to my day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

What a pleasure to see you perform!  This is a terrific song that features your smooth, melodic voice, combined with a bit of sadness, that is very convincing.  And, that, to me, is the hallmark of your music;  your conviction.  You can't fake that.  What a great start to my day!

Thanks for the comment Lynn you are very kind 👍

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed your lead vocal - very nice indeed. Top-notch song and I thought the mix was quite good to my ears.

Good job on the lyrics as well - well done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I really enjoyed your lead vocal - very nice indeed. Top-notch song and I thought the mix was quite good to my ears.

Good job on the lyrics as well - well done.

Thanks, I have a bit of work to do but your comments are so encouraging, thanks for your ears  9_9

 

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve
Great to put a face to your voice. I don't have the guts to do that yet.
You always manage to squeeze out every bit of emotion behind the lyrics by way of your distinctive voice and timing.
There were a couple of spots where the voc got a bit drowned out for example ~ 0:56 but no biggie. Always look forward to hear your stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve
Great to put a face to your voice. I don't have the guts to do that yet.
You always manage to squeeze out every bit of emotion behind the lyrics by way of your distinctive voice and timing.
There were a couple of spots where the voc got a bit drowned out for example ~ 0:56 but no biggie. Always look forward to hear your stuff.

Thanks mate, as regards to the YouTube post, I have had the software ( Power director 365 ) for a while and never used it and I wondered how they make music vids so I give it a shot ... lip sync is a bitch though LOL. Take your point about the drowning, think I got carried away a bit doing the whole thing. Thanks for your comments and keep well my friend.

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really great vocal, great feeling. The video was a good companion as well. The bgv's were smooth and in the right spot! I found myself missing the snare a bit, kind of a crack! every now and again to keep the beat centered and drive the song just a bit. 

Catchy melody? Check!

nice one bro.

-Tom

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to the music first.... then watched the video and listed again.
I love your voice... very unique and comes across sincere.

Well done mate.
Brilliant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely well done. Love the song and your vocal, a very smooth and emotional delivery. The part where the instruments build around the vocal is very effective, and adds to the overall emotion of the piece. So great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 5:11 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Really great vocal, great feeling. The video was a good companion as well. The bgv's were smooth and in the right spot! I found myself missing the snare a bit, kind of a crack! every now and again to keep the beat centered and drive the song just a bit. 

Catchy melody? Check!

nice one bro.

-Tom

 

 

Thanks Tom, regarding the snare, it's not something I thought about when recording this, as I left the rhythm more as a click guide ..  I wish I had paid more attention to now 'cause your right .. 👍  All the best and stay well

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, garybrun said:

I listened to the music first.... then watched the video and listed again.
I love your voice... very unique and comes across sincere.

Well done mate.
Brilliant

Aww Gary, your too kind now I can't get my head through the studio door ! 😎 Thankyou for the comment mate 😉

 

Steve

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, noynekker said:

Extremely well done. Love the song and your vocal, a very smooth and emotional delivery. The part where the instruments build around the vocal is very effective, and adds to the overall emotion of the piece. So great.

Thanks for the comment mate and your time to listen.

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your comment comes as a big surprise to me, so many thanks for listening .. I feel like the head master just gave me a house point !   😊

Stay well

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great song - killer ballad and vocal - both big ticks for me. I agree with @emeraldsoul on the drums but given the brilliance of the rest, it's a minor crit for me. BGVs were a stand out. Thanks for posting.

Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Great song - killer ballad and vocal - both big ticks for me. I agree with @emeraldsoul on the drums but given the brilliance of the rest, it's a minor crit for me. BGVs were a stand out. Thanks for posting.

Andy

 

Many thanks Andy, I take your crits and might go back and reprint but for the time being I'll bask in the kind comments LOL 😉.

I'm thankful for your listen.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Bush said:

Yeah loved the vocals , great song , I can only concur with all of the above cheers well done 

Many thanks Paul ...and for listening glad you liked it 👍

All the best

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the way the lyrics flow smoothly; they all fit together like clockwork, yet each individual phrase sings / flows naturally. Beautiful and more than a little poignant.

Good sound, supports the singing without getting in the way.

Great stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...