VSL Synchron player text entry bug. SOLVED!

Steve Harder

SOLVED!

Noel - THANK YOU for saving me from another Duh! moment.

My initial thought was "I type text in VSTs all the time."   But then realized that typing text into a FileSave text entry is likely using a dialog that is provided by the operating system, not the vst itself.

This bug has existed in prior versions of Cakewalk.  I have not reported it previously.

In the Synchron Player Control panel I am attempting to change a text entry of "-inf" to "-20" in the Expression row.  I double click to select the text entry area.  Then typing "-20" causes the Synchron Instrument interface to close entirely.  This seems to be an  issue of text handling between Synchron and Cakewalk.  The behavior is different between numpad and numeric keys and letter keys but all fail.  Cakewalk seems to be intercepting keystrokes instead of passing them on to Synchron, even though the Synchron text entry box is still open.  This behavior occurs on all Synchron text entry boxes in the Control area.  

image.png.9a7c37d5e2dc917bb4e9f8c5ac91cbfd.png

image.png.14ddb3ee3317287805c0afb922f0c6d6.png

My workaround is use the standalone Synchron and save a user preset.  But it's a hassle to save and quit Cakewalk and then reload.  So would be nice to tweak Synchron inside Cakewalk.

Edited by Steve Harder

This is a bump.

VSL Synchron player usage in my template is growing as they add high quality libraries to their BigBangOchestra series.  And the Synchron player allows easy customization of many midi parameters. 

I'd like to be able to access those customization text boxes within Cakewalk rather than having to leave, open standalone Synchron, modify and save preset, and then reload in Cakewalk.

I understand the developers have been very busy with all the recent excellent updates and this is a "niche" bug.  Thanks for your help.