SI Drum Kit going silent when added to some MIDI projects

Harley Dear

Question

When I import a MIDI file, I often want to add an SI Drum Kit track and assign the drum track on the MIDI file to go through the SI Drum Kit. That gives me better options for drum sounds etc.

I now find that on some files, as soon as I assign the original drum track to go through the SI Dum Kit, there is no drum sound at all and the SI Drum Kit track itself ( when viewed in and the appropriate keys are hit in Piano Roll view that would make say the kick drum sound) is silent, Reassigning he original drum track back to Cakewalk TTS-1 remains silent as well. So I have to ditch that project and start again.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd like to know how to fix it so that assigning the drums to SI Drum Kit works every time, not just on random files.

Is there an easy fix to this problem?

Thanks

Edited by Harley Dear

2 answers to this question

The audio engine in Cakewalk sfz synths (including the Studio Instrument series) shut down when encountering certain NRPN instructions in their MIDI tracks. To avoid this either remove the data from the MIDI tracks using the Event List View or enable "Do not intercept NRPNs" on the VST Plug-in properties page like this

3Oa2ztH.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scook said:

The audio engine in Cakewalk sfz synths (including the Studio Instrument series) shut down when encountering certain NRPN instructions in their MIDI tracks. To avoid this either remove the data from the MIDI tracks using the Event View or enable "Do not intercept NRPNs" on the VST Plug-in properties page like this

3Oa2ztH.png

Thanks you so much scook. That worked - so simple when you know how. Your help is much appreciated. Cheers