The Darkest Century

marcL

I am starting to think about closing up shop. Lived through some really good times. The last ten or fifteen years have gone steadily down hill. I also am beginning to fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.  Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page…

Anytime is a good time to be alive. For all the young people I hope they have that opportunity.  If you do plan on sticking around better try to do something about that pile of plastic trash the size of Texas floating in the Pacific. Thirty percent of the Great Barrier Reef is dead because of two degrees of sea water temperature rise, the actual rise in some places is more than five degrees F.  Your body's normal temperature is 98.6 F. Add two degrees, that would be 100.6, the beginnings of a pretty bad fever. Add five degrees to your body temperature and you will likely die.

We just landed a rocket ship on a asteroid  200 million miles away from Earth, that is so far away it will take two years for it to return with the sample it collected. Pretty smart stuff right? So how come we are so stupid we have let over a quarter million people die here in the good old USA from Covid-19 ? When was the last time you play a gig? When is the next gig schedule for? Just sayin.     

1 hour ago, William E Simmons said:

I am starting to think about closing up shop. Lived through some really good times. The last ten or fifteen years have gone steadily down hill. I also am beginning to fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.  Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page…

Very well written, I feel exactly the same!

Which album were those lines from, William? (So familiar.)

I was watching a documentary, over the weekend, about the day the wall came down by John Snow, and it reminded me ...

"Now life devalues day by day As friends and neighbors turn away And there’s a change that even with regret Cannot be undone Now frontiers shift like desert sands While nations wash their bloodied hands Of loyalty, of history, in shades of grey."

Thanks Floyd.

Edited by JohnG

I phoned the Samaritans last week...........

I told the lady who answered that a month ago I met the most beautiful girl in the world and she's really into me. Won't leave me alone, if you know what I mean. Anyhoo, I was feeling so lucky that I bought a lottery ticket for the first time ever and I won 39 million, so I went straight to the swanky car dealership and bought the lamborghini that I've always lusted after and they gave me a 20% discount too. Now I'm having my dream house custom built and I asked my girl to marry me. I know it's a bit sudden, but it just feels right, She agreed, but only if there is a pre-nup that gives her nothing in the event of a spilt because she doesn't want people to think that she's after my money.

"So what is your problem?" the lady asked.

"Oh" I said, "I don't have a problem, I just thought I'd let you hear some good news for a change."

• Haha 2