Jump to content
FIP GeBall

Input/Output - Mouse Wheel Scrolling

Recommended Posts

Feature Request:

Hello Bakers,

Can we please make it where when choosing Inputs or Outputs for Tracks we can use the mouse wheel to scroll through the list? Even better: Could you place each section of the input/output lists in collapsible/expandable format, so if I'm looking to choose Channels I can expand the channel list, same method for choosing Buses and Auxes (each would have their own collapsible list once we click on the input or output arrow within a Track).

Most appreciated!

1501837378_I-OScrolling.thumb.png.9e99dcdcd2ff572abd6139a4148278bd.png

Edited by FIP GeBall
Refresh Topic
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 8:06 PM, FIP GeBall said:

Even better: Could you place each section of the input/output lists in collapsible/expandable format, so if I'm looking to choose Channels I can expand the channel list, same method for choosing Buses and Auxes (each would have their own collapsible list once we click on the input or output arrow within a Track).

 

 

I'd definitely agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

And can we please get the mouse wheel to work on "Insert Audio FX" from the FX bin too Bakers.

This one's been endlessly requested, and unfortunately, the answer from the devs is that the Windows function Cakewalk uses for this doesn't recognize the wheel, so it's not just a matter of turning it on.

From this I would guess that doing it some other way would require too much re-tooling.

My workaround is that I created a category called "A-List" that contains the dozen or so go-to FX I use in every project. Since "A-List" begins with "A" that category is at the top of my list, hence no scrolling needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 12:49 AM, Starship Krupa said:

 the answer from the devs is that the Windows function Cakewalk uses for this doesn't recognize the wheel, so it's not just a matter of turning it on.

If a new feature such as the Arranger and the recent "Dynamic waveform" can be done, surely this can be coded in as well. There's progress bars all over in Cakewalk. Windows allow this all over their platform. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the items are sorted alphabetically, some submenus could be generated  so that menu scrolling is not needed. Another option Windows API gives is to break the menu into columns. Both of these are pretty bad, usability-wise.

The best option would probably to implement/use a better popup menu component, which could even have an incremental search field and proper mouse wheel support. Could probably work almost as a direct replacement of the current menu class calls in the code. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, petemus said:

If the items are sorted alphabetically, some submenus could be generated  so that menu scrolling is not needed. Another option Windows API gives is to break the menu into columns. Both of these are pretty bad, usability-wise.

The best option would probably to implement/use a better popup menu component, which could even have an incremental search field and proper mouse wheel support. Could probably work almost as a direct replacement of the current menu class calls in the code. 😁

Even a "flat list" for the category list and sub-menu will be acceptable. It will eliminate that torture of mouse click, if the list get out of memory and stretched out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to all the above

Also I have previously asked that the Pro Channel knobs be movable using the scroll wheel. The knobs on the console do..as do most 3rd party plugin eq's etc so why not the Pro Channel  -  it would be much slicker to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 2:01 AM, petemus said:

If the items are sorted alphabetically, some submenus could be generated  so that menu scrolling is not needed

See my above post, which applies to FX rather than inputs at least (I'm still lobbying for the ability to fully rename inputs). If you  create your own category or categories that start with the letter "A" and select Sort By Category, you'll get those categories up at the top. I only have one of these, which is "A-List," and I put my most-used FX into that category (in addition to the usual categories of Compressor, Reverb, Utilities, etc.).

As workarounds go, it works pretty well in practice. Instead of scrolling all the way down to Spatial or Tools or Transient Shapers to get my most-used FX in those categories, Sidewidener, MAutoAlign and Imprint, they're all in the top pop-out menu.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...