Barry Seymour

Starting Out Again, Alone

Barry it's a beauty ! . . . a rockabilly with overtones of Springsteen (I listened to it before I read the comments, and saw that Bapu also heard some Bruceness here)

The mix is a wall of sound, a thick mix, which I prefer, and also which I've personally always found harder to accomplish and finish, but you've done it well to my ears. Lots of rich guitar sounds, well recorded and mixed i think . . . the chord changes are very clear. Also, lyrically "Starting Out Again. Alone"  . . . is something a lot of folks can relate to . . . hope you do well with this one !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noynekker said:

Barry it's a beauty ! . . . a rockabilly with overtones of Springsteen (I listened to it before I read the comments, and saw that Bapu also heard some Bruceness here)

The mix is a wall of sound, a thick mix, which I prefer, and also which I've personally always found harder to accomplish and finish, but you've done it well to my ears. Lots of rich guitar sounds, well recorded and mixed i think . . . the chord changes are very clear. Also, lyrically "Starting Out Again. Alone"  . . . is something a lot of folks can relate to . . . hope you do well with this one !

Very kind, thanks!

19 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

Try this one:

Perfect to my imperfect ears. As Borat says: "Very Nice!"

• Like 1

Hi Barry , Look I think your vocals are just so distinctive with so much character , if may be so bold and say some harmonies in placses  would sound great

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Hi Barry , Look I think your vocals are just so distinctive with so much character , if may be so bold and say some harmonies in placses  would sound great

Very kind, thanks. I thought about it, but the whole theme of the song is going back to being alone. I think adding harmonies would distract from that. Despite the bombastic sound, it's a very personal tale. (Personal to the protagonist, that is, not me.)

Thank you for the kind words!

Edited by Barry Seymour

On 10/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, Bapu said:

a taste of Bruce Springsteen

Barry is a storyteller in that vain for sure; Bruce and a bit of Seger.

Well done as always on all fronts.

t

just my nickel98, I think the verb is working just fine...

• Like 1