How to delete tracks without opening cakewalk

Sofyan Chelly

Question

Hi guys, 

So my cakewalk crashes with the code c0000005 when I try to load a song, I opened it in safe mode and one track is corrupted, although there are several tracks of the same VST I used for that sound. If I would delete that track in safe mode, all of my fx would be gone, so how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Lofi.cwp

6 answers to this question

I was able to open your file , but without any audio files or plugins.

It would be more accurate to say that a plugin or something about your system is causing Cakewalk to crash.

Are you using version 2020.9 Build 006 of Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Also, are you using the latest version of all the plugins that you're using?

Is your PC fully patched?

Are all drivers up to date? (using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

I don't know which version I am using (Where can I see it?), but I just updated it to the newest one and It still won't let me open the file without crashing. I think I am using the latest version of my plugins, at least they do not require to be updated. Also I think my PC is fully patched and al my drivers are up to date! But is there a possibility of deleting tracks without opening cakewalk? Thank you so far! 

EDIT: So I started it again and it now says the plugin SQ8ROM causes the crash, imma go reinstall it right now, attached is the plugin dmp file!

_10262020_144306.dmp

Edited by Sofyan Chelly

7 hours ago, Sofyan Chelly said:

But is there a possibility of deleting tracks without opening cakewalk? Thank you so far!

No

But what you can do is open the file with Shift held down and say no plugins until you find wish one is causing the issue.

Note: Like many programs, you can find their versions using Help | About.

If it was an audio track yes if it is midi track no. Those are embedded in the CWP file. 

if you know which VST is crashing and you know  the VST folder it is in you can simply  Delete  the .dll  then when you open the project it won’t crash it will just tell you the VST is unavailable. I avoid sketchy free vst’s just for this reason. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:29 AM, Sofyan Chelly said:

I think I am using the latest version of my plugins

Staying up to date is a chore with plug-ins that don't have a feature that allows you to check or don't have a manager shell like iZotope, Waves and Native Instruments (not that I particularly like all of them).

The rest of them, all I can do is go down my list and then visit the developers' web sites. It can be quite the time sink. Some plug-ins don't even have a feature where you can check their version, but I keep all my installer downloads and can usually go by their dates.

At least check the ones you're using in this project.