Alesis Nitro Mesh doesn't trigger. Is showing

fdadf DFaf

Ok, so I solved it.  

I got my Alesis Nitro Mesh to control all my VST drumkits and here-s the guide to how to do it:

1.  Download Midi-OX and verifythat indeed your Alesis Module is sending midi signal and that your computer is in fact recieving it.

2. Open up CbB, and start a new session. 

3. Insert Kontakt (or whichever drum VST you want to use) as "Midi Source".  Load your drumkit and assign a stereo output.   

4.  Set the input on the VST's Midi track to Alesis Nitro and the Outpu to an Alesis Drum Map.  Any Alesis Drum Map. I chose Alesis HR16  just for F* sake. 

5.  Insert an audio track and set it's input to the Kontakt  or VST output 

Done.

Image of Step 3 

image.png.5703ea11b42015d4f7d398b0996fbb1c.png

image.png.977bc7c7841334483578843c08e7c213.png

image.thumb.png.97c4d066e8d7521faba3d914682a9841.png

Edited by Eddie Mendez
Wrong pictures.

• Creating an in instrument track
  • Adding a synth with a MIDI track and the First synth Audio output 
  • Adding a synth with a MIDI track and subsequently adding an audio track to complete the routing to the synth

are functionally identical.

FWIW. I had a recent Alesis drum head that after 6 months was seen , but stopped transmitting data.

I bought another used model off ebay and it had that same problem.

Alesis must know they have a problem, as the problem seems rampant.

• 6 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, Eddie Mendez said:

Ok, so I solved it.  

I got my Alesis Nitro Mesh to control all my VST drumkits and here-s the guide to how to do it:

1.  Download Midi-OX and verifythat indeed your Alesis Module is sending midi signal and that your computer is in fact recieving it.

2. Open up CbB, and start a new session. 

3. Insert Kontakt (or whichever drum VST you want to use) as "Midi Source".  Load your drumkit and assign a stereo output.   

4.  Set the input on the VST's Midi track to Alesis Nitro and the Outpu to an Alesis Drum Map.  Any Alesis Drum Map. I chose Alesis HR16  just for F* sake. 

5.  Insert an audio track and set it's input to the Kontakt  or VST output 

Done.

I followed all of these steps and my kit does not trigger anything. LOC is set to off on my module. 

Is there anything else I may be missing? Using SI drum kit VST. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2020 at 6:13 AM, fdadf DFaf said:

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future who have a similar problem: My drum module ended up having to be sent back to Alesis under warranty. I spent a couple of weeks with Alesis support troubleshooting over email and they eventually suggested the module was probably faulty.

So did the new one fix your problem? Because I'm having the same problem.

22 minutes ago, Decapitation25 said:

So did the new one fix your problem? Because I'm having the same problem.

That person's last visit here was in Oct. of 2020. I don't think you will get an answer.

Try a new post outlining your specific problem and maybe someone can help you. Welcome to the forum.