BIAS_AMP2 & FX_2

Bill Phillips

Is anyone else having problems with BIAS_AMP2? I reinstalled using default folder locations which installed both the standalone and plugin versions. But the user interface never fleshes out. I'm using Cakewalk 2020.09 and Windows Pro 10 2004.

BIAS_AMP2, BIAS_FX_2 and BIAS_FX were crashing Cakewalk and the standalone versions didn't install while I was using a custom VST folder location. Accepting the default location got all the standalone versions installed and BIAS_FX_2 and BIAS_FX VSTs working in Cakewalk.

Thanks for any suggestions?

RHijtkT.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
Updated after making some changes

35 minutes ago, jude77 said:

I had the same problem with Bias Amp 2.  I contacted support they sort of shrugged.  I took a refund and may try it again in the future.

Thanks. I submitted a support request. Response was we don't support Cakewalk. I replied that the standalone version isn't working either and has nothing to do with Cakewalk. I'll advise if anything useful comes from this.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:25 PM, Fret Flintstone said:

Works flawlessly in Studio One for me. BIAS Amp, BIAS FX, BIAS Amp 2, BIAS FX 

In my case, the stand alone version doesn't work either. The problem may not be related to the DAW at all. After 5-days haven't received a response from Positive Grid on standalone version. 

Ok, these three steps from Positive Grid Support solved my problem. Both standalone and VST versions of BIAS_AMP2 are now working for me. Also looks like cloud based Documents backup could be a problem which isn't a problem for me. The only documents in my Documents folder are put there by software I install.

1). Rename the BIAS_AMP2 folder in Documents/PositiveGrid to "BIAS_AMP2 backup"

2). Delete BIAS AMP2.settings at Windows %APPDATA%\PositiveGrid\BIAS AMP2.settings

APPDATA might be a hidden folder on your PC, please refer to the link below
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2690709/windows/whats-in-the-hidden-windows-appdata-folder-and-how-to-find-it-if-you-need-it.html

3). Make sure all cloud-based services (Google Drive, One Drive, etc) are disabled for Documents folder & Desktop on your PC.

From Dans Huang

Positive Grid Support

Check out our Help Center for more info:
https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us