G Randy Brown

selecting clips brings them up in PRV?

I've been using CW since the late 90s and still love it but for editing MIDI I would very much like to be able to use something like this program at 00:02:36

Does anyone know what it is or if CWbB is planning on implementing something like that?

Thanks,

Randy

I don't know the answer, but was curious enough to seek clarification:  You want to be able to highlight several consecutive tracks in track view and then open the midi data for just those tracks in a PRV, right?

Yes but more specifically I want to be able to do what that guy is doing... drag across select clips in the timeline and them automatically open in PRV while removing whatever is already in the PRV.

What I do now is have all MIDI tracks in PRV and selecting/highlighting whatever track(s) I'm working with...if you know of a better way I'd like to hear any suggestion...thanks!

How I do it: I select the track(s) I want in track view with (CTRL pressed if multiple) and press ALT + 3 to open the PRV with just those track(s). (You need to have some PRV settings that I don't remember the names of right now, to always just show the selected tracks.)

Edit: Or obviously simply double-clicking on a midi clip, to see just that single track.

Edited by GreenLight
Added stuff
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, GreenLight said:

How I do it: I select the track(s) I want in track view with (CTRL pressed if multiple) and press ALT + 3 to open the PRV with just those track(s). (You need to have some PRV settings that I don't remember the names of right now, to always just show the selected tracks.)

Edit: Or obviously simply double-clicking on a midi clip, to see just that single track.

Interesting.
I'm still, after 3 yrs. (occasionally) trying to get the PRV in CbB  working for me.
If you could, at your leisure, discover the 
"PRV settings that I don't remember"
I'd appreciate it.
No hurry.
Thank you!
Steve

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I use Google Translate
If you want to select multiple clips to view and edit in PRV, you can try the Track Pane function in PRV

There are detailed instructions here, you can refer to it

Hope it helps you

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.10.html

This video also has some introduction about Track Pane

Edited by Johnny Tsao

6 hours ago, Steve_Karl said:

Thanks Johnny,
Your Google translate works well. I'd never have known.

Steve

You're welcome
Just know the Track Pane function 😀