Cakewalk Renders My Discovery

xxrich

I'm working a symphonic piece tonight in Cakewalk, as I always have.  It's so easy to transfer my creative notions to digital meaning.  Tonight, I just wanted to thank Bandlab and everyone else for keeping the Cakewalk/Sonar pulse alive.  It's complicated stuff for sure!  Easy to take it all for granted.  But it really, really works well - at least for my humbly-programmed brain.

-rich

• Like 1

I too use Cakewalk for orchestral work, and I have it found it the best overall software for such work. I use the staff view and event list mostly. Everyone always says that Cubase is best for this kind of work. not true, unless you work in PRV.  Cubase's staff view limits your selection to what is currently in the viewable area. So, you can only select those notes. Cakewalk lets you scroll out as far as you wish, so you can select any number of notes or measures. Cake's staff view does not try to be true notation, but another tool to improve workflow. where cubase tries to have theirs be true notation. but of course no DAW can compete with a true notation program. As in so many other things, Cakewalk gets it right.

Glad you have found this out also, Rich!

What made the difference for me was learning how to use drum maps as a means for entering articulations in a separate area of the screen but totally in sync with the note data, viewed underneath the drum map

I work exclusively in the prv for all orchestral work

Edited by Bristol_Jonesey