Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ive been using Sonar Platinum with Rapture full version. Cakewalk by Bandlab only gives me a demo version? Shouldn't I have the full version since I paid for Sonarx1  Sonarx2 Sonar Platinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CbB does not include Rapture. Here are the plug-ins bundled with CbB. If Rapture is installed and is running properly in Platinum then it should run properly in CbB. Does it run properly as a stand alone synth or in Platinum?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapture must be activated. The serial number and registration code should be in your account. Did you try running the stand alone or the DAW as administrator when registering Rapture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that Comand Center is not being supported by Bandlab  I'm at a stand still   I dont know where to find anything?  I tried opening Rapture as administrater but got the same results. Can anyone help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current support email and the support ticket form  linked above should work.  They now direct to the BandLab support team.

If you cannot log into your old Cakewalk account or the Command Center, the BandLab support team may be able to help you.

Command Center still works, and the old Cakewalk accounts and download files are still available. BandLab owns the servers now, and hasn't shut off any access for previously registered users. However, no new registrations are possible. But downloads and activations are not an issue for registered users.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Command Center is not needed for Rapture, just a registration code. Unless you mean Rapture Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev said:

Command Center is not needed for Rapture, just a registration code. Unless you mean Rapture Pro.

Rapture classic was bundled with Sonar X2, X3, and Platinum. If your source was only with the Platinum bundle, you would probably need Command Center.

Rapture session was bundled with Platinum, so that and Rapture Pro would need Command Center.

But if you had Sonar X2 or X3, the Rapture classic installer would still be in your download files at your Cakewalk.com account. That and your serial and registration code would still be available if you could sign in here: https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fMy-Account

I have X2, X3, and Platinum, plus a purchased standalone version of Rapture classic from the long ago days, so I see both options. :D

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abacab said:

Rapture classic was bundled with Sonar X2, X3, and Platinum. If your source was only with the Platinum bundle, you would probably need Command Center.

Rapture session was bundled with Platinum, so that and Rapture Pro would need Command Center.

But if you had Sonar X2 or X3, the Rapture classic installer would still be in your download files at your Cakewalk.com account. That and your serial and registration code would still be available if you could sign in here: https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fMy-Account

I have X2, X3, and Platinum, plus a purchased standalone version of Rapture classic from the long ago days, so I see both options. :D

Yes, my memory is a bit vague on this but it looks like you are correct. My "My Products" page shows 3 separate copies of Rapture:

Rapture 1.0 from 2007
Rapture 1.22 from 2013
Rapture 1.22 from 2014

This seems to confirm that the bundled copies of Rapture had their own registrations separate from Sonar and that this applied to Sonar X2 and X3 but not to Platinum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Rapture Pro (v. 2.00.2.541) was released I was not staying alert and did not learn about it until it was no longer available.  I would have paid for the upgrade to get the several thousand presets within the 13GB of samples.

'Hope CbB decides to release it at an affordable price.  I would buy it.

A review from Sound on Sound given in December, 2015:  

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/cakewalk-rapture-pro

Edited by Toddskins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never bothered to get Rapture Pro, as I already had Rapture Classic and Dimension Pro.

And now I can use Rapture Session to browse and play all of the Rapture Classic and D-Pro imported presets.

But it would be great if BandLab would re-release Rapture Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part I use Rapture Classic to do editing and use Rapture Pro as more of a preset manager.

Rapture Pro got off to a bad start for a variety of reasons.  While I appreciate that it was like Sound Center on steroids, it didn't seem to be the upgrade to Rapture that Rapture users wanted.  There were a few embarrassing bugs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any idea how/if you can convert a Rapture redeem code now? I have one from the Computer Music issue that gave it away but can't access the Cakewalk site to convert the redeem code to a registration code to install the actual software. I have messaged BandLab but received no reply at all so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kim Leece said:

Anyone have any idea how/if you can convert a Rapture redeem code now? I have one from the Computer Music issue that gave it away but can't access the Cakewalk site to convert the redeem code to a registration code to install the actual software. I have messaged BandLab but received no reply at all so far.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to now.

There was a short time period after BandLab took over where you could still register products at the old cakewalk.com, but this was stopped at the same time new registrations on the old cakewalk site were disabled.

It's a pity, because if you had redeemed it at the time, it would still be downloadable for you (as with all the other old cakewalk products).

I hope BandLab get back to you with some better news.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...