Sonivox Vocalizer Pro - $10.77 - Plugin Boutique

aidan o driscoll

RX7 Elements is great - especially for free.

Sonivox Vocalizer is terrible - full of bugs and very crashy - hasn't been updated for years and years.  Abandoned - if you do a quick google you'll find lots of people saying the same,  not worth $10.77 (IMO)

I feel like Sonivox owes me double the amount of money I paid for it. Which is $9. After installing it, it gave my computer a BSOD! Luckily I had a recent System Restore point otherwise my brand new computer that I just bought and installed a bunch of stuff already would have to be re-formatted. The iLok (PACE) installer they have that comes with it is very buggy and is what caused my computer to have the BSOD. Only way I could use it without it preventing my PC from being able to restart normally is not allowing it to install it. The plugin itself is really bad. Even the FREE TAL Vocoder is 10x better! This is the one plugin that I would not recommend anyone to ever get even if it was free or if they paid you to try it!

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hillmy said:

I feel like Sonivox owes me double the amount of money I paid for it. Which is $9. After installing it, it gave my computer a BSOD! Luckily I had a recent System Restore point otherwise my brand new computer that I just bought and installed a bunch of stuff already would have to be re-formatted. The iLok (PACE) installer they have that comes with it is very buggy and is what caused my computer to have the BSOD. Only way I could use it without it preventing my PC from being able to restart normally is not allowing it to install it. The plugin itself is really bad. Even the FREE TAL Vocoder is 10x better! This is the one plugin that I would not recommend anyone to ever get even if it was free or if they paid you to try it!

There was a thread on the Reaper forum recently warning about Sonivox Plugins:

Watch Out - iLok Catastrophic Bug in Sonivox Plugins

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=239002

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

There was a thread on the Reaper forum recently warning about Sonivox Plugins:

Watch Out - iLok Catastrophic Bug in Sonivox Plugins

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=239002

ouch - that's bad,

I'm pretty sure i installed vocalizer a few months ago and didn't get a major catastrophe apart from the crashes when using it.... but really I can't see any reason to buy ANY sonivox plugins !!

• Like 1

I agree that is probably time to avoid SONiVOX plugins. I have their Premier Collection, and there has not been a single patch or bug fix in several years. And computer operating systems and DAWs keep marching on with development and modernization.

The gap keeps widening. Let the buyer beware. Sometime the price is too good to be true. In this case I believe  it is, IMHO.

But with all due respect, I don't believe that Vocalizer Pro specifically has ever had crashing problems for me. But it can be a bear to set up correctly in your DAW of choice.