cannot download cakewalk thru bandlab assistant

mark foster

Is there a way to download cakewalk directly without the assistant?

I had it installed, then after last windows update niether cakewalk nor Sonar Pro would open, turned out it was my Behringer UMC404 driver that started acting up, so I uninstall both Sonar pro and cakewalk,  I re-install Sonar it work, but Bandlab assistant still think cakewalk is installed and will not let me download or Uninstall. I deleted every file named cakewlak on my pc and re-install command ctr and bl assistant but still bandlab assistant will not allow me to re-install  cakewalk..

HELP!!!!

I believe BA is reading HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers\EE137A4A-E652-4652-9283-0DB37EC8849D from the registry to determine the status of CbB. When I remove this entry and start up BA I see the Update button instead of Open.

A clean reinstall includes removing registry keys. The clean instructions for the last version of SONAR are published here. CbB works the same way except

CbB should be uninstalled using BA,

The registry entries are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core (note: the BA entry is one level up in Installers so I am not sure a clean install will to BA whether Cakewalk is installed or not)

The %appdata%\Cakewalk folder to delete is "Cakewalk Core"

The content folder is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core"