Jump to content
garybrun

Wasted Years

Recommended Posts

I like it. Well played, and the vocal work is pretty strong, to my ears. You've got a really nice voice. 

I can't really offer advice about the mix -- this type of music is not an area I've ever spent time working in, and I don't feel qualified to comment.

But I really like the song. Held my attention all the way through.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

I like it. Well played, and the vocal work is pretty strong, to my ears. You've got a really nice voice. 

I can't really offer advice about the mix -- this type of music is not an area I've ever spent time working in, and I don't feel qualified to comment.

But I really like the song. Held my attention all the way through.

Rob

Thanks for taking the time to listen and commenting Rob.
Appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful song Gary.  I  too think that your vocal is excellent and carries the song.  BGV' would certainly add to what is already an excellent song.

Well done indeed!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful song Gary.  I  too think that your vocal is excellent and carries the song.  BGV's would certainly add to what is already an excellent song.

Well done indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, freddy j said:

Beautiful song Gary.  I  too think that your vocal is excellent and carries the song.  BGV' would certainly add to what is already an excellent song.

Well done indeed!

Thanks for taking the time to listen Freddy.
I have band practice tonight and will see how the BGV goes.
I can hear them in my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is that a rhodes keyboard? I like this a lot. nice 8th notes on the ride, real old school country..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the message and sung with passion ..Godda agree with the 3pt harmonies on the chorus. Good one m8 👍

 

S

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sabby Brown said:

Love the message and sung with passion ..Godda agree with the 3pt harmonies on the chorus. Good one m8 👍

 

S

Thanks so much @Sabby Brown for taking the time to listen.
Im no good at harmonies and how to structure them.

If anyone would like to have ago...  Ill send the tracks over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of any 19 year old I knew back in the day that could write this song.  It take life experiences, or the ability to sing like you've lived them, to sing a song like this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Fogle said:

I can't think of any 19 year old I knew back in the day that could write this song.  It take life experiences, or the ability to sing like you've lived them, to sing a song like this.

Thats true mate...  thats why I wrote it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You play the piano, so just practice how ( say C ) ..sounds in E or G ... with a vocal done in C  and still running  ..hard to start but you have the voice for it .. there are other keys to suit ... play it on the ol' joanna and give it a try M8 

S

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...