Media browser progress/status still displaying after closing CbB

msmcleod

That is one of the weirder things I have seen. The "Building Transient List" flashes so quickly I had to download the gif and go through the frames to make sure that was what it said. Are any files (these "transient lists") being saved when it is doing that? That may be easier to search for files "modified today" after it finishes whatever it is doing. Overall that is very confusing, since there is no need for a transient list to play anything, and if it was making such a thing I would expect it to be real-time (or just prior to playing). I am also curious if that is really CbB or a plugin. Either way, I am not getting "the point" of what it says it is doing.

Edit: I just tried that out and those flashing messages do appear when cycling through wav files with the browser prior to playing some (about 50%) of the files I previewed, but CbB otherwise closed cleanly for me (no residual work going on). No files saved that I could find with this.

Edited by mettelus

Yeah, this isn't really an issue for me per se, but as you say, it's odd.

It may be that this is just how it works, which is fine. I thought I'd highlight it just in case it's not supposed to do this.

It does mean however that Cakewalk isn't fully closed down when I close the application - so something to be aware of.